The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing same as you, bar sleep relationships. Got any good essays?
Reply 2
AS: A
A2 prediction: A*

For unit 3 I'm doing: gender, intelligence, and perception

Unit 4: depression, addiction and research methods

anyone have any detailed and good notes for research methods??
Essays for which topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine are pretty average but tbh research methods is easy and we've done it so many times from gcse and AS what bits in particular are you struggling on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?
Reply 6
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Essays for which topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

depression, addiction, gender, relationships, aggression, just anything as I've never actually seen what a full mark essay looks like.
Original post by TrojanH
depression, addiction, gender, relationships, aggression, just anything as I've never actually seen what a full mark essay looks like.

Yeh ill see if i can find one and ill copy and paste on here
Am I the only person who is planning on just using cultural bias as every single IDA more or less?
Yep lol... Don't do that at all very weak eval point you'll probably get graded a D because it doesn't show knowledge since its common for any psychology student to say individualistic collectivist etc best to use nature nurture alpha beta bias deterministic reductionist etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep lol... Don't do that at all very weak eval point you'll probably get graded a D because it doesn't show knowledge since its common for any psychology student to say individualistic collectivist etc best to use nature nurture alpha beta bias deterministic reductionist etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yes, in an idealistic world I would never use cultural bias really let alone repeat it.

But as I did with my AS last year, if you're able to find a safe eval point you can more or less use for all - it actually makes learning the syllabus plausible.

I suppose it is fairly easy to contextualise any IDA to the topic at hand without any prior knowledge though in fairness.

Do examiners criticise usage of say 'Methodological Issues' as a staple AO2 point for all?
Obviously I will reference the individual issues for the topic at hand rather than just regurgitating the same thing for all of them.
How are you all planning on learning all the information for essays in unit 3? I haven't done an essay subject since GCSE and I just don't know how to memorise the information. So if you guy have any tips, that would be great!
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

hey im doing units 1, 3 & 4 which order do you think i should learn/revise them?

Original post by Satoshii
hey im doing units 1, 3 & 4 which order do you think i should learn/revise them?

Personally i always revise in the order of the exam so unit 3 then 4. Because you have a resit i would still recommend doing the same since unit 1 is very easy and you dont want to spend more than 2 weeks on it just because it doesnt count for much. What grades did u get in unit 1 and 2?
Anyone have a sample essay for social influences on gender?
Original post by GIRLAFAlD
How are you all planning on learning all the information for essays in unit 3? I haven't done an essay subject since GCSE and I just don't know how to memorise the information. So if you guy have any tips, that would be great!

For unit 3 personally i would memorise model answer essay questions its the based technique to score high on the exam. Because the structure is already presented you just have to do recall, compared to making notes from books class notes etc Come exam time it means you have to piece together the different studies and eval points along with the structure. Memorize parts of an essay at a time then rote learning once youve written it out yourself read it a few times off by heart. Do this everyday and it will be embedded
AS grade: B
A2 predicted grade: A

For unit 3 i'm doing sleep, relationships and aggression for unit 4 schizophrenia, addiction and research methods.
Anyone have any good ideas on how to structure the essays? I'm really struggling to get the hang of essay writing. I haven't really been given a specific structure to follow, which is what I think I need. Thanks
Original post by jessbuss97
Anyone have any good ideas on how to structure the essays? I'm really struggling to get the hang of essay writing. I haven't really been given a specific structure to follow, which is what I think I need. Thanks

I like to start off with AO1 so define any key terms and outline the essay topic. Then just write your AO2-studies or information that support/contradict the essay. For unit 3 i try to fit in about 5-6 and unit 4 6-8. If your essay topic is about 2+ things e.g. 2 theories of relationship formation then outline theory 1 first and put the evidence to go with it afterwards and then move on to outlining theory 2 and then the evidence. Always try to structure your essay so that the evidence matches what you just said in your AO1. Also with the evidence try to link it back to the title by saying how it does/doesn't support it. Hope that helped!
There's a pretty good website that has model essays for gender, relationships and aggression, aqa psychology a unit 3, it's on blogspot