The Student Room Group

20 big profitable US companies paid no taxes in the UK. Why?

I guess the statement is true about the rich get richer and the poor are irrelevant.
I pay Tax on the little money i receive, pay council tax on the property i saved from left overs from tax and pay tax on the little saving later.

People born and have money worries till they in end up in the grave.
The system needs to change.
Link?
Original post by Grace019
I guess the statement is true about the rich get richer and the poor are irrelevant.
I pay Tax on the little money i receive, pay council tax on the property i saved from left overs from tax and pay tax on the little saving later.

People born and have money worries till they in end up in the grave.
The system needs to change.

As my accountant friend said: it would be immoral if a corporation didn't take advantage of the loopholes. There is a big difference between illegally hiding funds and using the loopholes to pay less.

The wealthy get wealthier because they understand the macro environment and know how to invest wisely. Rather than berate them for it, understand and push for a change in the tax code (e.g. vote for ministers or Presidents who can bring in tax reform, e.g. not a Democrat :wink: ).
Reply 3
Original post by Aceadria
As my accountant friend said: it would be immoral if a corporation didn't take advantage of the loopholes. There is a big difference between illegally hiding funds and using the loopholes to pay less.

The wealthy get wealthier because they understand the macro environment and know how to invest wisely. Rather than berate them for it, understand and push for a change in the tax code (e.g. vote for ministers or Presidents who can bring in tax reform, e.g. not a Democrat :wink: ).

Lol misleading post is misleading.

Republicans / Tories are less likely to punish big business for gross tax avoidance than Democrats / Labour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satanas
Lol misleading post is misleading.

Republicans / Tories are less likely to punish big business for gross tax avoidance than Democrats / Labour.

I suppose you have evidence of this?
Reply 5
Tax evasion and greed. You can learn more by watching an excellent and recent documentary by the BBC on iPlayer: Britain's Trillion Pound Island - Inside Cayman. You will be surprised to see the vast number of companies and sports teams that do this.
Or they just can't be bothered

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending