The Student Room Group

Why is Economics at Uni of Bath rated so low by their students?

On Unistats, Economics at the University of Bath (the course I am applying to) has:
58% Overall satisfaction with the quality of the course
27% Feedback on my work has helped me clarify things I did not understand
50% The course is well organised and is running smoothly

Among other figures, these figures are particularly low in comparison with top universities.

Any students care to elaborate?
Is it general discourse with the teaching of neoclassical over other theories?
Is it actually that the Uni of Bath is not great for Economic students
Is it that the students were too picky, because they are so clever to spot the problems where others at other universities cannot?

There must be something, as the graduates have great chance of employment, so why are these stats so low?

Massive importance to me, I have not the opportunity to visit the students myself on an open day and it may be my firm or not an option, dependent on these responses :smile:
Reply 1
I wish someone had answered your question as I would also like to know why student satisfaction is so low at Bath from Economics students!
Reply 2
Original post by 98baby
I wish someone had answered your question as I would also like to know why student satisfaction is so low at Bath from Economics students!

They have on here, take a look - it helped me so much, so much so I cancelled my application to Bath :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62821603&highlight=Why%20is%20Economics%20at%20Uni%20of%20Bath

follow the link
That feedback is hilarious and invaluable.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
That feedback is hilarious and invaluable.

Regardless of their feedback, the data doesn't lie at the end of the day - and their comments back it up
Reply 5
Thanks for your help! I met lots of Economics students on the post offer day and they were all really happy with the course. So I was surprised that the student satisfaction ratings were so low.......
Just read the other thread posted, Econ at Bath does seem to be pretty dire indeed :P what's your other options just out of interest OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by 98baby
Thanks for your help! I met lots of Economics students on the post offer day and they were all really happy with the course. So I was surprised that the student satisfaction ratings were so low.......

It probably suited them, or they were not allowed to be truly honest with their tutors close by - but yeah it shocked me too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending