The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Student Accommodation 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know why I can't apply for accomodation even though I've firmed Edinburgh
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by laurabeth18
Does anyone know why I can't apply for accomodation even though I've firmed Edinburgh

That happened to me and I firmed on friday early morning, but It worked for me this morning so that 4 days. It might just be a time thing? I was gonna phone them today if it still didn't work but I managed to apply today.
Original post by Kel.Norman
I just applied for mine and they said that you can do a 9 month contract and you would pay monthly installments for 7 months.
But there are other options as well.

Ah that's brilliant, thanks :smile: where did you apply?
Original post by fuzzedshadow
Ah that's brilliant, thanks :smile: where did you apply?

no worries :smile:
I applied for a range of the self catered ones:
sugarhouse close, deaconess, darroch court, south clerk street and fraser court.
where are you looking to apply?
no worries :smile:
I applied for a range of the self catered ones:
sugarhouse close, deaconess, darroch court, south clerk street and fraser court.
where are you looking to apply?

sweet i'm looking at sugarhouse close and deaconess too! Also portsburgh close and i'm unsure about the other two atm. what course you studying?
sweet i'm looking at sugarhouse close and deaconess too! Also portsburgh close and i'm unsure about the other two atm. what course you studying?

yeah sugarhouse close looks really nice, so does deconess :smile:
I'm gonna be studying neuroscience, what about you?
Hi, do you think that it is better to apply as early as possible or is it ok to apply somewhen in June? I know I have guaranteed accomodation, just thinking if the best choices wouldn't be already assigned at that moment. Btw, anyone for Computer Science here?
yeah sugarhouse close looks really nice, so does deconess :smile:
I'm gonna be studying neuroscience, what about you?

damn that sounds interesting! i'm a computer science guy :P
Original post by Milos9304
Hi, do you think that it is better to apply as early as possible or is it ok to apply somewhen in June? I know I have guaranteed accomodation, just thinking if the best choices wouldn't be already assigned at that moment. Btw, anyone for Computer Science here?

offers start to be made in May, and slightly favour unconditional offer holders. however it is not based upon a first come first served basis (just do it before may i guess :P). and yeah i'm studying computer science :smile:
I have a unconditional for law and german... and am looking at the normal priced accommodation, ie, kincaids, college wynd and warrender crescent etc.

Nichsolson street is perfect location but I've heard its crazy loud?

Can anyone give an accurate review of these places? Most importantly, can you actually meet people there?? My friends in chancellors and it can happen that people just stay shut in their rooms ..with single room/en suite/catered halls
Thanks!
Reply 70
Original post by Milos9304

Here we! Comp Sci and AI offer holder here

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn that sounds interesting! i'm a computer science guy :P

haha thanks I'm really looking forward to it!! Computer science actually sounds pretty cool as well :tongue:
I've just firmed Edinburgh. I'm pretty sure I want to go for catered accommodation - anyone else thinking the same?
Just sent off my application for accommodation, went for Deaconess, Sugarhouse Close, Warrender Park Crescent, Chancellors Court and Holland House - just a waiting game now :biggrin:
Reply 74
anyone doing history? :smile:
Reply 75
does anyone know if sugarhouse is mainly for postgrads?
Reply 76
Got an Unconditional to study Animation at the College of Art. Are there any other art school students on here? I am thinking of applying to Portsburgh Court, Deaconess, Sugarhouse Close, Mansion Fountainbridge and Kincaid Court, in that order. If anyone has any useful info on these choices, that would be much appreciated. Looking for lively and sociable halls :smile:
Dumb question, but which houses/halls have a reputation of being posh? I know Chancellor's Court and John Burnett obviously, but what about self-catered?
Reply 78
Original post by eb16
does anyone know if sugarhouse is mainly for postgrads?

I emailed accommodation services and they said it was first years only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anyone else having trouble trying to apply for accommodation? when i go on the page it says "sorry no information available" or something ??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending