The Student Room Group

French AS Level - how to revise?

So I'm studying French AS at the moment and I'm getting C's but I really want an A in the AS exams. I'm dedicated enough to boost it but I really don't know how to revise French.
At the moment I'm doing A3 sheets on how to form all important tenses and I'm learning all the key vocab on quizlet. But other than that I have no idea how to revise? I struggle particularly with forming sentences, especially in speaking because I can get there with what I'm trying to say but I can't do quickly enough😂
So how do I improve that? My French teacher said to speak to myself on key topics. Is that a good idea?

Sorry this is really long😂
Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ALL OF THE PAST PAPERS. I cannot recommend past papers enough! The exam board put previous papers on their website where anybody can look at them, and they help you to see the kinds of questions you might be asked (multiple choice, cloze test etc.) and from there you can work out your strengths and weaknesses and then work on improving. It also helps you get a feel for the exam as a whole, helping with your timing.

Having French radio on in the background sometimes - when you're getting ready in the mornings, for example - is a good way of tuning your ears to recognise French words instead of just a bunch of sounds. :smile:

Speaking is hard - I'm also doing AS and it's definitely the part I'm most worried about! However, I reckon with some dedication we'll get there! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending