AS Philosophy & Ethics: D
AS Psychology: C
AS ICT: Not verified yet

An official image will be shown to show my predicted grades for the 2 subjects:

Where l want to be when l get my results in AUGUST:
AS Philosophy & Ethics: A
AS Psychology: A
AS ICT: A

I KNOW this isn't going to be easy; but l will try my hardest to achieve those grades, even if it means staying up all night for these next few months.

REGULAR UPDATES WILL BE MADE EVERYDAY ALONG WITH ATTACHMENTS OF IMAGES OF WHAT I HAVE REVISED TO SEE WHAT I HAVE DONE.
ABOUT ME:

Hi, l'm Chantele and l decided to do this blog because l considered it might just help me achieve my desired grades. AND plus getting the extra push from this will help me push myself further to work hard because all the teachers keep saying "a-levels are a big step from GCSE" so don't revise last minute. Obviously they are putting pressure on me and l am really scared like l feel crying now.

This year l am taking AS Philosophy & Ethics, AS ICT and AS Psychology. I expect myself to get an A, because l want to impress my mother. I will put all my strength in revision and break times in able to retrieve more information instead of revising non-stop.
How am doing academically for these few months:

I am getting extra time for my exam as l am a slow writer, it takes time for me to understand something.

Been receiving great homework grades of 12/16 markers in Psychology BUT not great mock exams for Psychology.

D in my Philosophy & Ethics previous mock exam.

TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE REVISION:

If you have so much to read, read a little and see if you understand it and write it down without looking at the piece read. I call this "sneak-a-peek" - l don't know why but this helps me ALOT.

By writing down the read information helps too.

I've been currently looking at what the pomodoro technique is and let me tell you IT'S SO GOOD!

Flashcards/Diagrams etc

Video yourself talking - this is best for those that take language (MY OPINION). It could work for anything to be honest.

STUDY PARTNER IS ESSENTIAL IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE REVISING ON YOUR OWN LIKE ME.

Other than that, l have no other tips. But l am going to achieve those grades - there is no, no for an answer.

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Worry not, I went from around 45% to 90% in Biology. It's doable! Best of luck :yes:
I can confirm that last minute revision does indeed help. I had to teach myself the last 4 chapters of biology in our 2 week break before exam period begun because we hadn't done them in class yet. Our teacher was awful lol
Original post by elen90
Worry not, I went from around 45% to 90% in Biology. It's doable! Best of luck :yes:

10% OFF!

You just are smart D':
Original post by Lawliettt
I can confirm that last minute revision does indeed help. I had to teach myself the last 4 chapters of biology in our 2 week break before exam period begun because we hadn't done them in class yet. Our teacher was awful lol

My teacher said there are some people who revise last minute and still get top grades - you're one of them.

How can you do that? Like don't you feel overpowered with too much stuff to do?
TOMORROW I PLAN TO:

Revise last few pointers of AO1 of the Cosmological Argument as a recap session.

Finish all AO2 points for the Cosmological argument

Revise AO1 points from evil & suffering

Revise AO2 points for evil & suffering

Time of when l started revising will be wrote below, and there will be breaks too.

Time of revision: POMODORO TIMER IS USED

Start of revision: 15:03 PM
End of revision: 15:28 PM
Break: 15:33 PM
Start of revision: 15:33 PM
End of revision: 15:57 PM
Break: 15:57 PM
RECAP: 15:10 PM
End of revision: 15: 11 PM

FOR THE FIRST SESSION I MANAGED TO COVER SOME AO1 POINTS, ONE MORE POINT LEFT. AND NEXT SESSION ON AO2 POINTS.

4 sessions of revision, all lasting an hour - in total 4 hours.

The reason l am revising a lot is because l have mocks next week, and l want to put everything l have, and gather as much information as possible.

I will post my mock grade after received of course.

Good luck me :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I literally think am not going to do well in my mocks - too stressed.
Original post by Onlychantele
TOMORROW I PLAN TO:

Revise last few pointers of AO1 of the Cosmological Argument as a recap session.

Finish all AO2 points for the Cosmological argument

Revise AO1 points from evil & suffering

Revise AO2 points for evil & suffering

Time of when l started revising will be wrote below, and there will be breaks too.

Time of revision: POMODORO TIMER IS USED

Start of revision: 15:03 PM
End of revision: 15:28 PM
Break: 15:33 PM
Start of revision: 15:33 PM
End of revision: 15:57 PM
Break: 15:57 PM
RECAP: 15:10 PM
End of revision: 15: 11 PM

FOR THE FIRST SESSION I MANAGED TO COVER SOME AO1 POINTS, ONE MORE POINT LEFT. AND NEXT SESSION ON AO2 POINTS.

4 sessions of revision, all lasting an hour - in total 4 hours.

The reason l am revising a lot is because l have mocks next week, and l want to put everything l have, and gather as much information as possible.

I will post my mock grade after received of course.

Good luck me :smile:

you can go back in time?
Reply 8
A study partner is in no way essential.
Original post by Trapz99
A study partner is in no way essential.

I only put it for those who can't find a technique to revise - for me it works wonders but for others it could be different.
Original post by thefatone
you can go back in time?

No l just structured it without putting the time on for my revision so l won't forget because l want it to be organised.

/:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending