The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Applying with Foundation Programme: Joint Honours Degree at other universities?

Hi,
I am doing the Foundation programme at University of Derby. I am quite happy with the university and I got my offer for single honour. But recently I heard a conversation in the lift that some students applied via ucas for other universities and got accepted. I thought the whole time that I have to stay for to study 4 years in Derby. Now, I am asking myself if I could apply for clearing in summer for another university?! Did someone experience that?
Universities do not always consider applicants who did a foundation year elsewhere. You could enter clearing but you would have to decline your Derby offer first, that is a big risk - there's a chance you wouldn't get in anywhere and then you'd be stuffed. I suggest you email the universities you're interested in and ask them if they'd consider applicants with a Derby foundation year through clearing. If you get positive responses it might be worth the risk, if not, stick with Derby.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks, because I am really mad that the university hide that information and tried to convinced us that its only possible to study at their university. I am really unhappy in Derby and my personal circumstances just don't allow me to continue to study and live in Derby.
Hi I am having this same issue too but I have had a conditional offer from another university, does anyone have any updates? Would I be able to transfer universities?

Quick Reply

Latest