Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeanMcDonald
Which accommodation have you booked: Gill Street North
Why did you pick this accommodation?: I want an inner city experience and get involved with the SU
Any questions about this accommodation?: Is there any way of staying over summer? I had no option to book 51 weeks

Hi DeanMcDonald,

I believe we do have summer accommodation available from after the 44 week accommodation tenancy agreement ends until the middle of September. The residences used are Gill Street North, Simpsons and Peverell but if you are already in the residence, there is no guarantee that you would be able to stay in the same room.

I think it might be a good idea for you to contact our accommodation team directly to find out more about summer booking, and also they will be able to move your booking to 51 weeks if that's what you would like. I'll link you to their email address/phone number below:

Telephone number: +44 (0) 115 848 2894
Email Address: [email protected]

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell A0053
Why did you pick this accommodation?: Okay price and not too far from the library and lecture halls
Any questions about this accommodation?: on the moving in day where will the residence manager be to collect the keys? also any idea when the peverell facebook page will go up? thanks
Original post by SamuelJThompson
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell A0053
Why did you pick this accommodation?: Okay price and not too far from the library and lecture halls
Any questions about this accommodation?: on the moving in day where will the residence manager be to collect the keys? also any idea when the peverell facebook page will go up? thanks

Hi SamuelJThompson,

When you arrive, you will collect the keys for your room at Peverell's reception. If I remember correctly, it's really easy and quick to collect your keys!

Also, the latest Facebook group for Peverell is below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530328430459666/

There aren't a lot of members at the moment, because booking has just opened up in the last week, but once conditional offer-holders can book, the activity on the group will definitely increase! :h:

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Which accommodation have you booked: Gill street south
Why did you pick this accommodation?: ensuite, decent space in room, two cookers in the kitchen!!
Any questions about this accommodation?: is there a curfew? or can i come and go as i please??
Original post by Rated_r
Which accommodation have you booked: Gill street south
Why did you pick this accommodation?: ensuite, decent space in room, two cookers in the kitchen!!
Any questions about this accommodation?: is there a curfew? or can i come and go as i please??

Hi Rated_r,

There is no curfew in halls, so you can come and go as you please! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi, when booking accommodation is there any way of booking with friends also attending the uni to ensure you're in the same flat? Thanks
Reply 26
I was just wondering what happens if you make Trent your back-up choice? As in will you still get to choose your accommodation after results day, and are the popular areas filled by other students already? It just seems like loads of people have already got their accommodation so I'm a bit worried that if I go I wouldn't get my first choice of halls.
Original post by georgiaoreilly
Hi, when booking accommodation is there any way of booking with friends also attending the uni to ensure you're in the same flat? Thanks

Hi georgiaoreilly,

Sorry I seemed to miss this post yesterday!

When the booking system opens, you have the choice of booking which room in which flat in which halls of residence. So if you team up with your friend and book at the same time, discussing beforehand which halls of residence/flat you would like to live in.

However when the booking system opens, it is really busy, and there could be the chance that some halls of residences could sell out really quickly. So you may have to move quickly, or be a bit more flexible on which halls you would like to live in.

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Crmr1996
I was just wondering what happens if you make Trent your back-up choice? As in will you still get to choose your accommodation after results day, and are the popular areas filled by other students already? It just seems like loads of people have already got their accommodation so I'm a bit worried that if I go I wouldn't get my first choice of halls.

Hi Crmr1996,

If NTU is your insurance choice then you won't be able to book your accommodation on 16 March like the applicants who have chosen NTU as their firm, because of the high number of applicants.

On results day, if you don't get the results needed to get into your first choice (which hopefully won't happen!) and your place at NTU is confirmed, then you will be able to book accommodation.

Unfortunately, our popular accommodation is usually fully booked, but on results day some students will not get the results needed for NTU and have to cancel their accommodation booking. So I recommend that if you do confirm your place at NTU, ring up accommodation as soon as you can, for an increased chance of getting the halls you would like. However, I can't guarantee that you will be able to book your first choice of halls.

Thanks,

Ellen
Which accommodation have you booked: Blenheim.
Why did you pick this accommodation?: decent price for what you get and close to city campus.
Any questions about this accommodation?: I've heard a lot of bad things about St Ann's Hill so I'm just wondering whether it's as dangerous as people make it out to be? Also I was wondering whats your view on blenheim?
Original post by Abisriphumkhai04
Which accommodation have you booked: Blenheim.
Why did you pick this accommodation?: decent price for what you get and close to city campus.
Any questions about this accommodation?: I've heard a lot of bad things about St Ann's Hill so I'm just wondering whether it's as dangerous as people make it out to be? Also I was wondering whats your view on blenheim?

Hi Abrisriphumkhai04,

St Ann's does get a bad rep! However, in my opinion, it really isn't as bad as it's made out to be! Unfortunately every inner city suburb does come with a bit of crime, but as long as you're sensible and don't walk home by yourself at 3 in the morning, then you won't have a problem!

Blenheim seems like it's nice accommodation! I personally have never visited, but I have chat to a few people who have lived there and they have enjoyed it! It is up quite a big hill (which some people have complained about) but it is really convenient for shops with their being an Aldi at the bottom of the hill, and Victoria Centre in between Blenheim and the city site.

Like you said above, it's not too expensive and the walk to the city site isn't too long!

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
I am starting university again in September at Nottingham Trent but this means I won't be able to book into accommodation till April. I like the look of Sanby, Gill Street and Byron but am scared these will be fully booked by then. What are my chances of getting a room in one of the above?
Original post by carlyamelia52
I am starting university again in September at Nottingham Trent but this means I won't be able to book into accommodation till April. I like the look of Sanby, Gill Street and Byron but am scared these will be fully booked by then. What are my chances of getting a room in one of the above?

Hi Carlyamelia52,

Unfortunately, all of these halls are very popular, and when booking opens there is usually a huge influx of people booking these halls. So I can't guarantee that these halls will not be fully booked. However, as long as you pay your booking fee by 31 July, you will be guaranteed an offer from university-allocated accommodation, although it may not be your first choice in halls.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Carlyamelia52,

Unfortunately, all of these halls are very popular, and when booking opens there is usually a huge influx of people booking these halls. So I can't guarantee that these halls will not be fully booked. However, as long as you pay your booking fee by 31 July, you will be guaranteed an offer from university-allocated accommodation, although it may not be your first choice in halls.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks for your help! Do you know whether it is possible to go on a waiting list for certain halls?
Original post by carlyamelia52
Thanks for your help! Do you know whether it is possible to go on a waiting list for certain halls?

Hi carlyamelia52,

Unfortunately, there is not a waiting list for any of our halls in the City Campus. Not all of our City centre halls of residences will be filled by April (5 halls of residence on site, and 5 that are 1-2 miles from the city site). However, I can't guarantee that you will be able to book Sandby, Gill Street or Byron. Maybe have a look at our other accommodation to see if there are any you wouldn't mind as a second choice? I'll link them down below:

Browse our accommodation

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi, I have an conditional offer and will be booking my accommodation tomorrow. Was wondering do you get paired up in flats with people with similar courses/interests or is it just whoever booked the same flat as you?
Reply 36
Original post by Sophacliff
Which accommodation have you booked: Sandy Halls ground floor Bonington side ROOM 003
Why did you pick this accommodation?: better value for money close to the school of art and design and city centre.Sounds like lively and fun accommodation full of freshers and big halls size of 12-13 so will be able to meet lots of new friends

I have just booked 109 on the ground floor!
Hey, I just wondered what the exact time is that booking opens tomorrow?? As want to get on as early as possible to secure a room!! 😊
Which accommodation have you booked: Byron, (E2403)
Why did you pick this accommodation?: Gill Street South was my first choice, but it got booked up within minutes so decided Byron was the next best accommodation! I wanted an inner city experience and it's right above the SU so hopefully will be lively :smile:)
Any questions about this accommodation?: My lectures will be in Clifton, is it rare for Clifton students to live in the city and travel to lectures? I've lived in a small village outside of town all my life and I really wanted to be in the city for my uni experience haha. Also, I have heard that some people judge those who live in Byron halls to be 'snobby' because it is so expensive compared to other halls, is this true? :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Which accommodation have you booked:
Byron Residence (D1107 2nd Floor)
Why did you pick this accommodation?:
The last available room, initially wanted Sandby Hall but it was booked up
Any questions about this accommodation?:
Is anyone else on the same floor/flat as me? Please reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending