The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Megathread

Hi guys!

So accommodation has officially opened for unconditional offer-holders, this will be open until Monday 7 March. The booking system will then re-open for all firm offer-holders on Wednesday 16 March. I hope everything goes ok for everyone while booking. If anyone does have any problems, or just wants some general accommodation advice, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Also because I love these little questionnaires, why not have a go at filling the one down below:

Which accommodation have you booked:
Why did you pick this accommodation?:
Any questions about this accommodation?:

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Thanks,

Ellen
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi guys!

So accommodation has officially opened for unconditional offer-holders, this will be open until Monday 7 March. The booking system will then re-open for all firm offer-holders on Wednesday 16 March. I hope everything goes ok for everyone while booking. If anyone does have any problems, or just wants some general accommodation advice, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Also because I love these little questionnaires, why not have a go at filling the one down below:

Which accommodation have you booked:
Why did you pick this accommodation?:
Any questions about this accommodation?:

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Thanks,

Ellen

I booked Gill Street South, in block J. I picked it because it's about a 1 minute walk away from the student union, but also holds a quieter atmosphere as that would be beneficial when I'd actually have to do some work. I felt being above the student union would be too noisy, so GSS was the next best option. Also, would there be a lot of freshers in GSS, as I feel because it is expensive there might not be? And also, how far is GSS in relation to the nearest bus stop as I plan on communiting to Brackenhurst for my lectures. One final question is how far is everything from GSS roughly, such as bars, restaurants, clubs etc.?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've booked Peverell, H block. What's the best way of finding others that you'll be living with?
Original post by Ben Kingsley A.
I booked Gill Street South, in block J. I picked it because it's about a 1 minute walk away from the student union, but also holds a quieter atmosphere as that would be beneficial when I'd actually have to do some work. I felt being above the student union would be too noisy, so GSS was the next best option. Also, would there be a lot of freshers in GSS, as I feel because it is expensive there might not be? And also, how far is GSS in relation to the nearest bus stop as I plan on communiting to Brackenhurst for my lectures. One final question is how far is everything from GSS roughly, such as bars, restaurants, clubs etc.?

Hi Ben Kingsley A,

Good choice! Gill Street South is a lovely accommodation!

Gill Street South is a very popular accommodation for freshers, so please don't worry! As it is on our city site and is so close to the SU and the library, it is also a very safe place to live. Lots of students pick it for the exact same reason as you mentioned!

The bus to Brackenhurst goes from King Street, which is about a 5/10 minute walk from Gill Street South, not a long walk at all! I'll link you to the timetable of the bus service below:

Brackenhurst Bus Service

And your final question, Gill Street South is really not far from all the pubs/clubs/restaurants. In fact when you walk to your bus to Brackenhurst you will actually pass the Corner House, which has loads of pubs/bars and restaurants, such as Revs, Nando's, The Slug and Lettuce, Prezzo. So again I would say 5/10 minutes. I'll link you to more information on the Corner House below:

http://cornerhousenottingham.co.uk/

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 4
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell

Why did you pick this accommodation?: Cheaper than new hall so extra money to spend elsewhere, also wanted a large ensuite.

Any questions about this accommodation?: I booked in block H just wanted to know which one it is on the campus map. Also is there storage under the beds?

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.29.47.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Ben Kingsley A,

Good choice! Gill Street South is a lovely accommodation!

Gill Street South is a very popular accommodation for freshers, so please don't worry! As it is on our city site and is so close to the SU and the library, it is also a very safe place to live. Lots of students pick it for the exact same reason as you mentioned!

The bus to Brackenhurst goes from King Street, which is about a 5/10 minute walk from Gill Street South, not a long walk at all! I'll link you to the timetable of the bus service below:

Brackenhurst Bus Service

And your final question, Gill Street South is really not far from all the pubs/clubs/restaurants. In fact when you walk to your bus to Brackenhurst you will actually pass the Corner House, which has loads of pubs/bars and restaurants, such as Revs, Nando's, The Slug and Lettuce, Prezzo. So again I would say 5/10 minutes. I'll link you to more information on the Corner House below:

http://cornerhousenottingham.co.uk/

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a response, this has definitely cleared things up.
Original post by FionaWho
I've booked Peverell, H block. What's the best way of finding others that you'll be living with?

Hi FionaWho,

I found my flatmates through my halls Facebook page, and on TSR. Right now, I don't think the halls Facebook pages are up for 16/17 but I'll link you to where you can find last years down below:

http://www.trentstudents.org/hallsfb

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Keys10
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell

Why did you pick this accommodation?: Cheaper than new hall so extra money to spend elsewhere, also wanted a large ensuite.

Any questions about this accommodation?: I booked in block H just wanted to know which one it is on the campus map. Also is there storage under the beds?

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.29.47.jpg

Hi Keys10,

I don't know which block is H block I'm afraid! Also I'm not entirely sure if Peverell has storage under the beds, although I do know most halls do!

If you want to double check, we have an accommodation live chat going on currently for students for questions like this, I'll leave you the link below:

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/contact_us/live-chat/index.html

I'm sorry I couldn't be too much help!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 8
Hi Keys10,

I don't know which block is H block I'm afraid! Also I'm not entirely sure if Peverell has storage under the beds, although I do know most halls do!

If you want to double check, we have an accommodation live chat going on currently for students for questions like this, I'll leave you the link below:

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/contact_us/live-chat/index.html

I'm sorry I couldn't be too much help!

Thanks,

Ellen

No worries thank you for your quick reply! :smile:
Hi, I'm looking to book at Victoria Hall, so it's private but mostly has NTU students anyway, I'm just worried that because it's private it won't be full of freshers and I might not get the proper uni fresher experience, do you have any info on this.
Reply 10
I'm booking accommodation (at Brackenhurst) in march as my offer is conditional. I plan book an en-suite room but I heard that one of the blocks is reserved for 2nd/3rd year students. Do you know which block this is so I don't accidentally try and get it?
Original post by uniquestions18
Hi, I'm looking to book at Victoria Hall, so it's private but mostly has NTU students anyway, I'm just worried that because it's private it won't be full of freshers and I might not get the proper uni fresher experience, do you have any info on this.

Hi uniquestions18,

I have to be honest with you, I am not very knowledgeable about many of the private halls, so I can't give you much information about Victoria Hall's during fresher's.

I do know that the Fresher Crew do go to some of the private halls (and I believe Victoria Halls is one of them). However as it's private halls, I can't guarantee that you will be living with all NTU students, and that they will be all first years. If you want to double check, I would give Victoria Halls reception a ring :h:

Sorry I couldn't be much help!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by chlxee
I'm booking accommodation (at Brackenhurst) in march as my offer is conditional. I plan book an en-suite room but I heard that one of the blocks is reserved for 2nd/3rd year students. Do you know which block this is so I don't accidentally try and get it?

Hi chlxee,

You are correct, there are specific flats in Brackenhurst which are for returning students. However as a new student when you go to book your accommodation you won't be able to see those flats to book, so there is no chance you can accidentally book them! :h:

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
I have a conditional offer so I'm waiting to book my accommodation, but when I can do we just register which accommodation we want? Or do we choose a specific room to book? At the open day the lady in New Hall said that we just register ourselves and the Uni randomly assigns everyone a room, but I don't know if this is right? Thank you!
Also, do any of the Clifton/City campus accommodation include a bus pass for travelling between them? Or is that something extra we pay for?
Original post by annagrace1
I have a conditional offer so I'm waiting to book my accommodation, but when I can do we just register which accommodation we want? Or do we choose a specific room to book? At the open day the lady in New Hall said that we just register ourselves and the Uni randomly assigns everyone a room, but I don't know if this is right? Thank you!

Hi annagrace1,

No I don't believe that is right, sorry about that! Like you said, when you go to book your accommodation, you can choose which room in which flat you would like to live in. So it is very specific!

Our Clifton campus accommodation doesn't come with a free bus pass to City I'm afraid. You can buy a yearly bus pass, which often has student deals, so I'll link you to more information below:

Student Yearly Bus Pass

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Which accommodation have you booked: Sandy Halls ground floor Bonington side ROOM 003
Why did you pick this accommodation?: better value for money close to the school of art and design and city centre.Sounds like lively and fun accommodation full of freshers and big halls size of 12-13 so will be able to meet lots of new friends
Reply 17
Hello!

I have an unconditional offer and am yet to decide on an accommodation could anyone help?

I want somewhere that is close to campus but easy to get to town for a reasonable price, where it will be safe but lively and as long as there is internet connection I am happy. With my own room and en-suite too. Not sure how to start looking and even compering at the moment, any suggestions on good places?
Original post by abinit
Hello!

I have an unconditional offer and am yet to decide on an accommodation could anyone help?

I want somewhere that is close to campus but easy to get to town for a reasonable price, where it will be safe but lively and as long as there is internet connection I am happy. With my own room and en-suite too. Not sure how to start looking and even compering at the moment, any suggestions on good places?

Hi abinit,

Have you had a look at the accommodation we offer? I'll link you to where you can look at our accommodation and there is a useful check-list to help you narrow down the accommodation options:

Browse our accommodation

Which campus are you based at? City site or Clifton campus? As this will influence your decision also.

If you want help looking through our accommodation or have any questions about specific residences please let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
(edited 8 years ago)
Which accommodation have you booked: Gill Street North
Why did you pick this accommodation?: I want an inner city experience and get involved with the SU
Any questions about this accommodation?: Is there any way of staying over summer? I had no option to book 51 weeks
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending