The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Applying for Masters but bachelor result not released until November

Good morning,

Having attended the recent Postgrad Open Evening at RHUL and speaking with the director of the programme, I have my heart set on studying the MSc Information Security on campus.

I am in my second year studing for a BSc in Computing and IT with the Open University, I am due to graduate in 2017 so I am hoping to apply to study with RHUL Sepetember 2017 as my firm choice.

I'm now choosing my level 3 modules for my last year of my degree and I have noticed that the project module actually runs from January-September, which means that I would not have my final degree result until October - November 2017. Is there any chance that I would be allowed to start the MSc in September, even though my result will not be confirmed for another 6-8 weeks after starting? The project is 30 credits, so i will have confirmed results for 330 out of the 360 credits before September.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I'd really hate to have to wait another year to enroll.

Cheers
Original post by ultraviolet7
Good morning,

Having attended the recent Postgrad Open Evening at RHUL and speaking with the director of the programme, I have my heart set on studying the MSc Information Security on campus.

I am in my second year studing for a BSc in Computing and IT with the Open University, I am due to graduate in 2017 so I am hoping to apply to study with RHUL Sepetember 2017 as my firm choice.

I'm now choosing my level 3 modules for my last year of my degree and I have noticed that the project module actually runs from January-September, which means that I would not have my final degree result until October - November 2017. Is there any chance that I would be allowed to start the MSc in September, even though my result will not be confirmed for another 6-8 weeks after starting? The project is 30 credits, so i will have confirmed results for 330 out of the 360 credits before September.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I'd really hate to have to wait another year to enroll.

Cheers

Hey there,

Usually we would need you to have met all conditions of your offer prior to the start of the course. However, as Information Security is taught in a number of formats, it may be possible for you to gain entry prior to you receiving your result in October/November. This would be dependent on whether you are studying part-time, full-time, block study or day release and when you intend on starting.

I would suggest that you speak directly with our Admissions team ([email protected]) regarding this, who will be able to speak with the department and consider whether this is possible.

Camilla :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest