Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
THE EAGLE LANDS AT DAWN (*wink wink*).
But, no I don't want to join.
Or do I?

No.
Reply 61
Iluvatar
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: (these are smilies BTW, while UK-L can't display them....)

This is the super hyper mega secret society thread.
Although i'd usually hate the idea, i'm not in the mood to be the usual me, so anyway...

The point is, nobody outside of the super hyper mega secret society must know what the point of it is.

Its a secret :wink: (winking smilie).

Can i join?! :cool:
So if you are a member of this society, shouldn't you keep it from your own signature, given that the world must not know you are a member?

The concept of secrecy is not working here!
Secret society, eh? how does one know if one is worthy?

(and is the point of it really just to be able to show off and say you're in it?)
Reply 64
Right thats it, I think its about time we had a rip-off of this rip-off! This society isnt nearly secret enough, so I'm starting a Super-Dooper-Hyper-Mega-Omni-Secret Society. If anyone wants to join you have to find out the secret way of joining which is only known by other members. No members know who any other members are, and many of the members dont even know they are in the society because it is so secret. In fact, the society is so secret that it is doubted by many that it even exists. But it does! It even has a secret handshake, which is so secret that not one of the members knows it.

So who fancies taking the entrance exams?
Kupo_nut
Right thats it, I think its about time we had a rip-off of this rip-off! This society isnt nearly secret enough, so I'm starting a Super-Dooper-Hyper-Mega-Omni-Secret Society. If anyone wants to join you have to find out the secret way of joining which is only known by other members. No members know who any other members are, and many of the members dont even know they are in the society because it is so secret. In fact, the society is so secret that it is doubted by many that it even exists. But it does! It even has a secret handshake, which is so secret that not one of the members knows it.

So who fancies taking the entrance exams?

Entrance exams? For all you know I could be the society's founder! I'm not even sure about that one myself...
Interesting... so it has started then...
The mystery is whether the mystery is a coverup for the mystery of so overt that it is hidden by its obviousness.
Reply 67
I wanna join

MB
PhilipsCDRW
Well, he said he would start a new society, even more secretive and inaccessable than even the Nationwide Building Society. So that kind of rules you out as founder.

But if many of the members don't even know they are in the society, then I could be co-founder, and I'd never know...
Reply 69
may i join :wink: :wink: ?
Reply 70
figgetyfig
But if many of the members don't even know they are in the society, then I could be co-founder, and I'd never know...

Actually thats quite right - you may very well be the founder! It may not even have been founded, just popped into existence in a quantum fluctuation in SecretSpace. No-one can tell. But all we know is that it may be there and if it is, it is the most secretest society the world has ever known. Contact a member for instructions on how to join.
Reply 71
ha ha ha im a member are you all jealous!!! :biggrin:
Kupo_nut
Contact a member for instructions on how to join.

Aha, would be blissfully simple if any of the members knew who they were, let alone me knowing!
I'd like to join please, I'm intrigued..
Reply 74
innercitylife
I'd like to join please, I'm intrigued..

How can you be sure you've never joined before?

I'll avoid making a Matrix type comment here...

I don't think this society is super, hyper or mega secret enough! Maybe it should be like g-mail where you have to have an invitation from the founder (who has to have a random e-mail from somewhere stating they're the founder...), and then people can start selling invitations on eBay!
LifeWired
How can you be sure you've never joined before?

I'll avoid making a Matrix type comment here...

I don't think this society is super, hyper or mega secret enough! Maybe it should be like g-mail where you have to have an invitation from the founder (who has to have a random e-mail from somewhere stating they're the founder...), and then people can start selling invitations on eBay!

Well I can't be.. but what's the harm in joining twice? Adds to the mystery. :wink:

Do you think you could really get a penguin for an invite to this oh-so secret society however? Because unless you can get a penguin, it's surely not worth selling the invite...
Reply 76
innercitylife
Because unless you can get a penguin, it's surely not worth selling the invite...

A valid point. Also harsh on my plan! *Depressed*
Mooses rule btw, but now I'm just being random.
LifeWired
A valid point. Also harsh on my plan! *Depressed*
Mooses rule btw, but now I'm just being random.

Mooses rule for the fact that there are signs on the motorway telling you to be weary of them. I mean... how thoroughly English can anywhere get. I saw a Beware of the Moose sign, and a few miles later I saw a sign that, from the point of view of someone who doesn't know the highway code, looked like "Beware of the Elderly". Same sign as the moose, but with old people instead... fairly mysterious I felt.
Reply 78
innercitylife
Mooses rule for the fact that there are signs on the motorway telling you to be weary of them. I mean... how thoroughly English can anywhere get. I saw a Beware of the Moose sign, and a few miles later I saw a sign that, from the point of view of someone who doesn't know the highway code, looked like "Beware of the Elderly". Same sign as the moose, but with old people instead... fairly mysterious I felt.

It is rather.

...I'm scared of you now...:frown:
LifeWired
It is rather.

...I'm scared of you now...:frown:

Why? :frown:

Latest