The Student Room Group

EU Referendum poll

Poll

Should we remain or leave the European Union?

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Scroll to see replies

23rd June Deadline day!

Time for a change
It's exciting having a vote that actually means something as opposed to being stuck in a conservative safe seat in a first past the post electoral system where all the parties chase this "centre ground"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
It should leave for the sake of its own security.
It should remain if changes can be made.
Leave. It's an undemocratic and failing institution that costs the UK money, its borders, its sovereignty and the ability to freely trade with countries outside the union. I see very few valid reasons for staying in. The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world. It doesn't need the EU to be successful.
I am so unsure, sometimes I think leave but then sometimes I think stay. If David wants us to stay in the EU it must be good right but I still can't make a decision. I may just not vote at all.
Nope the deal was rubbish, they didn't give anything up, they didn't tell us about the expansionist agenda, will Albania, Macedonia, Turkey & whoever else be allowed potential access to the EU NHS & Schools, houses will come under enormous strain turkey has a population of 74 million a minimum wage of £2.00 per hour. Vote out, we don't know who they will let in next .
Oh also don't forget the millions of refugees & migrants Germany let in will be allowed to move here in 5 years under freedom of movement when we had no say in that matter. If you want the U.K to turn into a cesspit in 10 years vote IN, don't be afraid in fact be afraid if we stay in. There's a good chance if we are brave & leave, others will follow & the EU will implode.
Reply 9
Now Cameron's shameful deal has been revealed, it look like TSR won't back the tories and stay in anymore.
Reply 10
I'll be dead before I vote to stay in the EU. I find nothing more satisfactory than watching the EU burn. I hope I see it in my lifetime.
Reply 11
Original post by ivybridge
It should remain if changes can be made.

And here ladies and gentlemen is an example of the liberal left who believe the EU can be changed to be made perfect for the UK. Heck, it hasn't made any beneficial reform or treaty change since it was created but don't worry, with the power of the left we can redesign Europe into a wonderland. LOL
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's exciting having a vote that actually means something.

Less exciting when you see the polls and realize we're all ****ed.
Reply 13
Original post by TheTechN1304
Leave. It's an undemocratic and failing institution that costs the UK money, its borders, its sovereignty and the ability to freely trade with countries outside the union. I see very few valid reasons for staying in. The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world. It doesn't need the EU to be successful.

According to the pro-EU camp, if we leave our economy will collapse, we will become a third world nation, disease will become rampant, crime will soar, ISIS will establish themselves in the UK, Russia will declare war, a supervolcano will form and the Loch Ness monster will rise. Sounds scary to me
Original post by vickidc18
Nope the deal was rubbish, they didn't give anything up, they didn't tell us about the expansionist agenda, will Albania, Macedonia, Turkey & whoever else be allowed potential access to the EU NHS & Schools, houses will come under enormous strain turkey has a population of 74 million a minimum wage of £2.00 per hour. Vote out, we don't know who they will let in next .

Do you know why the deal was bad?

Because the EU doesn't need the UK. It's ****ing embarrassing seeing all these people getting their pitchforks out and making these ridiculous demands. We need the EU. The EU knows it, David Cameron (even though I despise him) knows it, every economist and businessperson in the country knows it, but these armchair economists know better.

The EU is laughing at us. I'd be laughing at us if I wasn't stuck in this ****ing awful country.
Reply 15
Original post by JordanL_
Less exciting when you see the polls and realize we're all ****ed.

There is a 99.9% chance of the UK staying so I agree, but I am hopeful
Reply 16
Do you know why the deal was bad?

Because the EU doesn't need the UK. It's ****ing embarrassing seeing all these people getting their pitchforks out and making these ridiculous demands. We need the EU. The EU knows it, David Cameron (even though I despise him) knows it, every economist and businessperson in the country knows it, but these armchair economists know better.

The EU is laughing at us. I'd be laughing at us if I wasn't stuck in this ****ing awful country.

Why doesn't the EU kick us out if it does not need us? According to the EU we are annoying and not useful, what good is it for the EU if we stay?
Original post by Camoron
And here ladies and gentlemen is an example of the liberal left who believe the EU can be changed to be made perfect for the UK. Heck, it hasn't made any beneficial reform or treaty change since it was created but don't worry, with the power of the left we can redesign Europe into a wonderland. LOL

Why are you trying to speak like a politician when the truth is you're just like a teenager who's doing AS politics this year? Shhhh.

I'm not even completely left; and I do not believe the EU can be made perfect. If you think the EU is the worst thing ever then you clearly don't know a thing about it other than what you have watched on ITV News since the Referendum fiasco, lmfao.

The EU are currently discussing a reform/treaty - what has whether or not they have done one to date got to do with anything? They're looking into one now.
Original post by Camoron
Why doesn't the EU kick us out if it does not need us? According to the EU we are annoying and not useful, what good is it for the EU if we stay?

Because it's mutually beneficial. Of course the UK makes the EU stronger, but we'll suffer the most if we leave.
Reply 19
Because it's mutually beneficial. Of course the UK makes the EU stronger, but we'll suffer the most if we leave.

Not a good enough reason to stay. I personally want to see if we do become a third world nation like Somalia if we really do leave. That's all I hear from your camp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending