AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ComradeLenin
For (e^x + 2) is the range f(x) > 2?

Is it the same for (e^3x + 2)?

Is the range of (e^x -5) f(x) > -5?

Those are all correct! :biggrin:
Is anyone retaking core 2? If so do we need to know how to sketch Trig graphs with geometric transformations e.g. Sin2x ?
Reply 82
Original post by -jordan-
Very nice post, but imaginary numbers don't make me dead, they make me happy :biggrin:

And once you start doing complex analysis in second year uni maths, you'll wish you never said that. :lol:
Reply 83
Nice little module Core 3, actually found it more straightforward than C2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got the June 15 paper at my college they do Edexcel and I'm sitting the AQA paper so they don't have access to the AQA ones :/
Original post by Hopstano
Has anyone got the June 15 paper at my college they do Edexcel and I'm sitting the AQA paper so they don't have access to the AQA ones :/

I uploaded both C3 and C4 qp/ms on page 3.
Reply 86
How's revision going everyone ? ( with respect to maths )
Original post by xs4
How's revision going everyone ? ( with respect to maths )

not bad, still need to finish going over functions for c3 after that im done and onto past papers
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Have tried last year's M2 paper? It was certainly interesting.

My PTSD is triggered when I see circles from now on
Reply 89
Just as a heads up guys ,AQA have changed the paper layout and question wording once again [ i did my C1 retake this morning ]
Original post by xs4
Just as a heads up guys ,AQA have changed the paper layout and question wording once again [ i did my C1 retake this morning ]

In what ways?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

The paper literally looks nothing like 2015 on first glance. Also the way they ask the questions seems to have changed. They seem to have worded the questions such that you have to pick more out of what they say (if that makes any sense)
Original post by xs4
The paper literally looks nothing like 2015 on first glance. Also the way they ask the questions seems to have changed. They seem to have worded the questions such that you have to pick more out of what they say (if that makes any sense)

How many questions were there? And was the answer box layout the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
How many questions were there? And was the answer box layout the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8 but i do have to say, the answers did contain some horrible fractions. Kind of, it kind of resembles that of an essay based subject (to me anyway).

I'd just say prepare for the worst from AQA as the integration by substitution/parts[twice I'm thinking] question could be a stinker if they were to throw one at us.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xs4
8 but i do have to say, the answers did contain some horrible fractions. Kind of, it kind of resembles that of an essay based subject (to me anyway).

I'd just say prepare for the worst from AQA as the integration by substitution/parts[twice I'm thinking] question could be a stinker if they were to throw one at us.

Ok thanks. Was there a lot of 1 mark or ridiculously high mark questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just done FP3 and although the layout's changed I haven't noticed any change in the way they ask questions. It was harder than last year but that's been the theme for the last few years anyway.

FP3 usually features a single 11 mark question but I have to say the marks today were very balanced. Lots of 3, 4 and 5 mark questions.
Reply 96
Ok thanks. Was there a lot of 1 mark or ridiculously high mark questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Less low mark questions ,they threw quite a few 5 markers out
Got 65 in jan 2006, and only 53 in june 2015.. what a difference..
Reply 98
Original post by SunDun111
Got 65 in jan 2006, and only 53 in june 2015.. what a difference..

What were the boundaries for both like?
Original post by Zacken
What were the boundaries for both like?

Not checked jan 2006, but think june 2015 was 49 for a B quite a hard paper, but jan 2006 was very easy, could of easily got 70 if i learn the midordinate rule/simpsons rule,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending