The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster 2016 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anhelina
Alright that's fine. Can you also explain to me why do we have to pay 1st September but only moving in on the 10th. We are literally losing 10 days that we paying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning Anhelina,

You're not losing 10 days worth of rent :smile:

The instalment on the 1st September covers your rent from the day you move in until your first instalment in October - which is when everyone receives their student loan.

This is done for two reasons:

1) Not all residents would be able to pay the full instalment before they move in if we asked for the whole amount up front. This was done with the intention to make our residents lives less stressful about finding the money.

2) If we waited until October for the 1st instalment (in line with your student loan), it would effectively mean that residents would have lived rent free for 6-7 weeks and we would be back-dating payments which gets messy and confusing for everyone.

This just means we can streamline the process and get everything ready before you arrive.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by LivvyLee4
Every other accommodation I have looked up has 3 instalments not 4 and it's all in line with there payments also I got in contact with raffles and they was no help at all and I got told to contact the university . I was requesting an extension as there is no way I'm able to pay it and they told me to contact the university

Hey Livvy,

Do you know who you spoke with?

If you can send us an email to [email protected], we will ask the team again to see what assistance they can provide.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, Ive accepted a bronze ensuite room which I am looking forward to moving into in September. My main worry is that your payment dates are not in line with student finance payments so I don't understand how I or anyone would be able to pay our rents on time.
My Student loan payments are as follows: 19/09/2016-£3531 09/01/2017-£3531 24/04/2017-£3638

Prodigy living rent:01/09/2016-£1068 03/10/2016-£2670 09/01/2017-£2670 17/04/2017-£1068

I was under the assumption we would be paying our rent in line with student finance payments which was clearly stated on your website which would be the same case for all students. You would be helping students if they paid monthly or in smaller chunks not taking all of their money before they even think about living costs ect.
Original post by Matthew12395
Hi, Ive accepted a bronze ensuite room which I am looking forward to moving into in September.

Hey Matthew,

We've forwarded your email onto Dan, our Raffles House community manager, to confirm your request for you.

Hopefully you will get a response shortly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, Ive accepted a bronze ensuite room which I am looking forward to moving into in September. My main worry is that your payment dates are not in line with student finance payments so I don't understand how I or anyone would be able to pay our rents on time.
My Student loan payments are as follows: 19/09/2016-£3531 09/01/2017-£3531 24/04/2017-£3638

Prodigy living rent:01/09/2016-£1068 03/10/2016-£2670 09/01/2017-£2670 17/04/2017-£1068

I was under the assumption we would be paying our rent in line with student finance payments which was clearly stated on your website which would be the same case for all students. You would be helping students if they paid monthly or in smaller chunks not taking all of their money before they even think about living costs ect.

Hello join the raffles house Facebook page 2016-2017 comment and I'll add you to the group chat we got going to talk about this
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hey Matthew,

We've forwarded your email onto Dan, our Raffles House community manager, to confirm your request for you.

Hopefully you will get a response shortly.

I emailed them and they told me they can't change the payments and the first instalment wasn't meant to be covered my our student loan my mum has 5 children how do you expect her and myself to afford £1068 I get they said on there website that it would be 10% of the initial payment but it's not ... £747.60 would be 10% I've asked for an extension and they declined it
Raffles are trying to explain to us that they're making our lives less stressful by spreading out the payments. In fact they're making it even more so stressful because none of us can afford 1k for the first instalment BEFORE our student finance is given to us. Thanks Raffles! 👍👍
I emailed them and they told me they can't change the payments and the first instalment wasn't meant to be covered my our student loan my mum has 5 children how do you expect her and myself to afford £1068 I get they said on there website that it would be 10% of the initial payment but it's not ... £747.60 would be 10% I've asked for an extension and they declined it

How can the University of Westminster allow them to take all of our money on dates before we even have any. Also they want £2600 in one go on top of £1000 so NONE of us would have any money for living costs or transport. Its such a poorly run system.
How can the University of Westminster allow them to take all of our money on dates before we even have any. Also they want £2600 in one go on top of £1000 so NONE of us would have any money for living costs or transport. Its such a poorly run system.

I've told them all of this of the phones Westminster and raffles house and they refuse any extension and they say there's nothing they can do and they keep passing me back to each other and saying it's not there problem
Oh that's kool I live in Luton so will be staying in raffles house

i'll be staying at raffles as well.. i think they need us to pay the 1k for our september rent untill the next one in October when we'll have our student finance sorted .. but it is kinda fustrating.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Elizabeth1
i'll be staying at raffles as well.. i think they need us to pay the 1k for our september rent untill the next one in October when we'll have our student finance sorted .. but it is kinda fustrating.

We have to pay 2 payments in September
We have to pay 2 payments in September

really ?? .. apart from the 250 deposit it says on the financial info 1k for the the 1st of September and then 2k for the 3rd of October
Hey I lived in Raffles last year and even though we all complained, there was nothing they could do about the first payments.Also I wouldn't worry too much if your student finance arrives a few days after your rent is due for the later payments, because they were pretty lenient last year, as long as you let them know, it probably wont be too much of an issue.
Original post by elisabasi
Hi :smile: got a conditional offer in Entrepreneurship, what have you applied for?

That's cool. Have u got unconditional offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending