The Student Room Group

Slade Interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

I am so worried I feel like dying a little bit , this anxiety while waiting for reply :frown:((( really I'm feeling sick most of the day for all last week recalling every detail of the interview and everything what went wrong oh please jeeeez let this finish sooner.... I'm so old I'll miss on all my life if I won't get in.... Stupid anxiety agggghhhh
Original post by Artstudentstress
I just got an offer for the BA, I'm so happy. Has anyone else heard back yet???

Just to clarify you got a slade offer yesterday?? Are you an international student? If so that is so early, means that people who are waiting - offers can come in any time now...
Reply 22
Original post by gjs2
I got rejected yesterday :----(

I am so sorry to here that, I have still heard nothing...not the end of the world however, I'm sure your other choice of university will be a great experience !
Original post by paintbrush
Just to clarify you got a slade offer yesterday?? Are you an international student? If so that is so early, means that people who are waiting - offers can come in any time now...

No I'm a domestic student. My offer came a week after my interview. Yes it was definitely the Slade, I couldn't believe it myself and had to get all of my friends to check that I'd read UCAS correctly. Anyone else have an offer yet?
Reply 24
I just got an offer for BA!!! I'm so happy now! I'm an international student and couldn't come to the interview but they still offered me a place so I am so surprised!
Original post by Zhiwei
I just got an offer for BA!!! I'm so happy now! I'm an international student and couldn't come to the interview but they still offered me a place so I am so surprised!

Congratulations, when did you find out?
Reply 26
Congratulations, when did you find out?

Thank you! Congratulations to you too! I was notified by track about seven hours ago.
Ahh, well done. What kind of work do you do?
The stress of waiting to find out is killing me !!! Do you think BFA people are going to be told later? People with offers here seem to be BA applicants only

Really nervous
Reply 29
Ahh, well done. What kind of work do you do?

I work in a wide range of media tbh, literally trying everything I want to do. I recently use children's toys as my main materials to make some sculptures, installations and two dimensional works.
My friend who applied for the BFA was rejected a couple of days ago.
Original post by Zhiwei
I work in a wide range of media tbh, literally trying everything I want to do. I recently use children's toys as my main materials to make some sculptures, installations and two dimensional works.

Ahh that sounds so cool, do you have a website or anything where I can see your work
I applied for the MFA. Am on the reserve list. Anyone else apply for either the MFA or ma?
was accepted for the mfa in fine art media last week

Original post by randombelle
I applied for the MFA. Am on the reserve list. Anyone else apply for either the MFA or ma?
I'm still waiting to hear back from bfa, the wait is horrible! All my friends applied from the ba and heard replies a week after their interview.
Reply 35
Original post by Riotgrrrl97
I'm still waiting to hear back from bfa, the wait is horrible! All my friends applied from the ba and heard replies a week after their interview.

SAME -.-
Original post by Riotgrrrl97

I applied for the ba but haven't heard back yet, either (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've had my interview on the 9th March. The tutors told me that I should hear back by the end of March. I have not yet received any news, which is worrying me.

I am an international student. My grades were ABC and the required grades were ABB. So I am thinking if I am still held under consideration due to the fact that I am an international student or I do not match the required grades.

To clear that up, I would like to ask if there is anyone who is an international student or achieved lower grades than required, or both and has been given an offer?
I am an international student too and had my interview on the same day (9th march ) and haven't received any feedback yet either, so may be it is something to do with being an international student.... i think if you got to a stage where you get an interview its already a big achievement... so may be they wont care too much ... that's what they say to IB students, like if you get a grade(not significantly) below the required its fine if you got an offer... I want to believe that they care about art more than about our C's in unrelated to art subjects hahah
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Friskibay
I am an international student too and had the interview on the same day and haven't received any feedback yet either, so may be it is something to do with being an international student.... i think if you got to a stage where you get an interview its already a big achievement... so may be they wont care too much ... that's what they say to IB students, like if you get a grade(not significantly) below the required its fine if you got an offer... I want to believe that they care about art more than about our C's in unrelated to art subjects hahah

Yeah, the Slade itself doesn't really care about grades, it's all about the work for them. UCL forces them to say that ABB is their minimum grade requirement, but if they want you they request that you get let in without the grades and the UCL usually admits the students. If you're just a bit short of the requirement then you shouldn't have any problems due to your grades, and I think that you still stand a chance even if you're substantially off of what they ask for.

Quick Reply

Latest