The Student Room Group

Slade Interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoupyGloop
Me too! I got an offer for BA about 30 minutes ago !(◎_◎:wink:

congratulations!!!
Original post by SoupyGloop
Me too! I got an offer for BA about 30 minutes ago !(◎_◎:wink:

**** man im so glad for you , because i liked your nickname the most !
Also this makes me feel like im ****ed .... what if everyone gets their offers now... and the rest is rejected
so ****ed so ****ed i want to cry why they just can t tell ugggh like even if im rejected why you have to make me feel even worse by making wait for 4 weeks :'(((
Original post by jinzhanyi
I've just received the offer for ba !!!!! Anyone else heard back anything?

congratulations on your offer, there's a chat on Facebook with about 5 of us who have offers so far and I'm thinking of making a group if you are interested?
Ahhh i just got in to the bfa!!! But it's on the condition of a distinction, has anyone else got this condition? My friend got on to the ba and all she needed was a pass 😁😁😁😁
Original post by Riotgrrrl97
Ahhh i just got in to the bfa!!! But it's on the condition of a distinction, has anyone else got this condition? My friend got on to the ba and all she needed was a pass 😁😁😁😁

Are you doing a foundation year? I know someone who needs a distinction because there's is a different type of course to a normal foundation.
Original post by Artstudentstress
Are you doing a foundation year? I know someone who needs a distinction because there's is a different type of course to a normal foundation.

Yeah I'm doing a foundation at Leeds atm!
How strange, were your A-levels below ABB?
Original post by Friskibay
so ****ed so ****ed i want to cry why they just can t tell ugggh like even if im rejected why you have to make me feel even worse by making wait for 4 weeks :'(((

That must feel terrible... I called the office this morning, just before I had my results and was told that it should take no less than a week to publish rest of the results. Slade is known to consider their applicants extremely carefully. Therefore, it will take time.

I have received my offer this afternoon. I really hope you receive something positive.
Original post by MF Doom ?
That must feel terrible... I called the office this morning, just before I had my results and was told that it should take no less than a week to publish rest of the results. Slade is known to consider their applicants extremely carefully. Therefore, it will take time.

I have received my offer this afternoon. I really hope you receive something positive.

Congratulations on your offer - message me if you are interested in being added to the group chat on Facebook. (Inbox on here is playing up a bit at the moment so if I don't reply within about half an hour try posting on my profile or message me through the thread)
But its just 1/3 who gets an offer after the interview, and most people here got their offers hahah , so i just feel like they firstly sent out all the offers and the next batch ll be all the negatives , oh well , I just dont know what to do if i wont get in ( i mean about my artistic style and beliefs and confidence and about becoming a new picasso hahaha)
But its just 1/3 who gets an offer after the interview, and most people here got their offers hahah , so i just feel like they firstly sent out all the offers and the next batch ll be all the negatives , oh well , I just dont know what to do if i wont get in ( i mean about my artistic style and beliefs and confidence and about becoming a new picasso hahaha)

A lot of people have already been rejected as well, it's not offers then rejections necessarily. Plus bare in mind with art schools it's about whether you're right for that place, not necessarily whether you are good enough to get in. I got an offer from the Slade and didn't even get an interview at the Ruskin, I spoke to someone who got into the Ruskin but was rejected by the Slade. I know people who got into Goldsmiths without an so much as an interview at the Slade and met someone at the Slade who got rejected by Goldsmiths. Being rejected by any of those art schools doesn't mean that you won't be a fantastic artist, it's just you didn't fit into the class that they were trying to put together that year. I spoke to someone who works at the Slade a few years ago and she said that it a lot depends on the mix of students that they are looking at, they don't want 40 painters, or sculptors, or performers, they want a few of each, and they want people that they think will work well together. It might be the case that someone who gets rejected this year might have been accepted the year before or the year after.

Don't give up hope that you might get an offer, and if you don't then don't feel like you are any less capable of an artist.
A lot of people have already been rejected as well, it's not offers then .....

Thank you so much for this support! and sorry for spamming this chat with depressing outbursts haha ... the thing is i don't know where I generally can fit these days , because I feel like my art is not "modern" enough, but still hoping for the best of course!
Thank you so much for this support! and sorry for spamming this chat with depressing outbursts haha ... the thing is i don't know where I generally can fit these days , because I feel like my art is not "modern" enough, but still hoping for the best of course!

Where else did you apply/ where have you had offers from?
Where else did you apply/ where have you had offers from?

I only applied to Goldsmith - which rejected me , but i didn't really like them anyway as they were cocky like -"oooh you probably applied to ucl too yada yada"

also applied for a couple of foundation courses, so if i don't get in this year, i can reapply next year.
I only applied to Goldsmith - which rejected me , but i didn't really like them anyway as they were cocky like -"oooh you probably applied to ucl too yada yada"

also applied for a couple of foundation courses, so if i don't get in this year, i can reapply next year.

Ahh did you apply from 6th form?

And which foundations did you apply to?
How strange, were your A-levels below ABB?

Nope all a* , i guess I'll just have to work very hard. Ahh the pressure doesn't feel over. Do you think that means I Defintely have to get a distinction to get in?
Ahh did you apply from 6th form?

And which foundations did you apply to?

Yes , straight from 6th form , teachers said that i should try...
And foundation in Gloucestershire and Bournemouth (because the seem to do more painting)
Then you have nothing to worry about! To get an interview at the Slade and Goldsmiths while being at school is an amazing achievement in itself. You have to remember that you were competing against people who had just been studying art for a year who were a year older than you as well. Very few people get interviews at places like that from school. I applied to the Slade from 6th form and got rejected straight away. You honestly have nothing to worry about, you have such a good chance next year if you have already made it that far! Plus you will grow and learn so much more having done a foundation.
Then you have nothing to worry about!

Thank you for being so nice ! This really cheers me up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest