The Student Room Group

Why can't Kesha just outright refuse?

So Kesha has lost the legal battle. But what I want to know is what will happen if she just refuses to work? Will she be locked up? Someone explain.
Original post by jambojim97
So Kesha has lost the legal battle. But what I want to know is what will happen if she just refuses to work? Will she be locked up? Someone explain.

I believe she's prevented from doing so by some form of contractual obligation with Sony.
I think the only way she can possibly make and release money is through Sony and with that same producer. So unless she wants to retire, she has to work out the contract, unless she can afford to buy iy out.
Reply 3
Original post by jambojim97

She probably won't be locked up but she most likely will in future be seeing a lawsuit from Sony music label, if she ignores the contract. Considering the fact the record labels make the most money from singers who sign contracts with these labels it would be a silly move from her, she will just lose more money. Any record label which she try's to sign up to will know they will probably need to pay up to Sony when Sony comes with the lawsuit so I would think they would be reluctant to sign her.
Reply 4
Original post by MildredMalone
I think the only way she can possibly make and release money is through Sony and with that same producer. So unless she wants to retire, she has to work out the contract, unless she can afford to buy iy out.

I have read that Sony allegedly offered her the chance to work with another record producer of the same label but possibly she refused. It seems she totally wants out of the contract, so this issue for her is really about the contract.

''Sony has offered to let her work with another producer, but Kesha said she fears the company won’t promote her music as heavily if she’s not working with Gottwald, their biggest hitmaker.''

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/kesha-sobs-judge-denies-sony-records-injunction-request-article-1.2537490

Sony does not sound unreasonable to me considering the quote I posted above, they have offered her an outlet and she does not want it.
(edited 8 years ago)
She will get sued more than she is already being sued.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending