The Student Room Group

Mum is ill - study help?!

Hi
Basically my mum has been in pain since october and has had wrong diagnosises etc and it is only now we have found out she has ovarian cancer which also involves the omentum, a layer of fat tissue covering most of the abdominal organs. She needs three doses of chemotherapy, if it has shrunk enough they will then remove it along with a full hysterectomy, which has a recovery time of eight weeks. Followed by three more chemo sessions to completely sure it is gone. Obviously this is a sad time, especially for my mum. My studies is the last thing i want to focus on, but i am back at college on monday and having just had the diagnosis, i cant focus on doing any work. My college is very academic and has a big push on attendance, i just hope they will be lenient with me and perhaps allow me to take time off if needs be? I live an hour away from college too!! I feel like i need to help with housework and cooking during the day, not be away at college! I havent enjoyed it anyway sobit wouldnt be a drama if i didnt go in. I dont have any friends at college so i dont want to be there alone every day as i will just be thinking about the cancer.
Any ideas/suggestions/help/advice??
Thanks guys xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending