The Student Room Group

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hunihuni
Not a die hard proof that Dr Luke raped Kesha, but says something

Not proof of anything
Not a die hard proof that Dr Luke raped Kesha, but says something

It says he had a picture of her asleep. At every single house party I went to as a teenager there'd be pictures like that but no one was raped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
It says he had a picture of her asleep. At every single house party I went to as a teenager there'd be pictures like that but no one was raped

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forget these people think https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/ so by there standards pretty much every man is a rapist.
We can't pretend that this isn't suspicious - how could you know it was after some party? I feel as though you guys are caping WAY TOO MUCH of him not being a rapist that you're forgetting that there is a chance that he may be also.

:- Also, sexual assaults can happen at parties.

That article you posted, I didn't finish reading it. But that was a weird from the first paragraph and not every feminist is like that.
(edited 8 years ago)
We can't pretend that this isn't suspicious - how could you know it was after some party? I feel as though you guys are caping WAY TOO MUCH of him not being a rapist that you're forgetting that there is a chance that he may be also.

:- Also, sexual assaults can happen at parties.

You seem focusing more on the fact that she has made an allegation so it must be true, there is a chance he is but there is no evidence and I'm not going to take someone with a lot to gain words as truthful without evidence to back them up

Since when does suspicious-guilty?
Original post by joecphillips
You seem focusing more on the fact that she has made an allegation so it must be true, there is a chance he is but there is no evidence and I'm not going to take someone with a lot to gain words as truthful without evidence to back them up

Since when does suspicious-guilty?

I understand your point. To clarify, I do not know for sure whether she was, but I have that feeling she was, and let's leave it there?

I used the word suspicious instead of guilty for a reason
I understand your point. To clarify, I do not know for sure whether she was, but I have that feeling she was, and let's leave it there?

I used the word suspicious instead of guilty for a reason

I don't know if she was and to be honest to me this situation has evolved past if she was or wasn't this is about whether an allegation should override contracts and that is unworkable.
i dont think that kesha is her real name
Original post by joecphillips
I don't know if she was and to be honest to me this situation has evolved past if she was or wasn't this is about whether an allegation should override contracts and that is unworkable.

I get your point. Sexual assault is hard to proof but I feel that if there is no proof but there are complaints then at least separate them from working with each other (since there is suspicion) but leave Dr.Luke unarrested until proof surfaces.
I get your point. Sexual assault is hard to proof but I feel that if there is no proof but there are complaints then at least separate them from working with each other (since there is suspicion) but leave Dr.Luke unarrested until proof surfaces.

What do you mean by separate them from working with each other?
She should stay with Sony with a different producer?
Let her out of the contract?
I support the first idea and she was offered that the second one I cannot support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending