The Student Room Group

Royal Holloway or Loughborough for geography

Hi everyone, I'm completely struggling to choose between these two universities for a geography degree. I've been accepted to both for the same entry requirements and they're both great uni's who each have there pros and cons. Does anyone know from past experiences on which university I should choose because at the moment it's 50:50...:s-smilie:
Original post by cmacca96
Hi everyone, I'm completely struggling to choose between these two universities for a geography degree. I've been accepted to both for the same entry requirements and they're both great uni's who each have there pros and cons. Does anyone know from past experiences on which university I should choose because at the moment it's 50:50...:s-smilie:

Hi cmacca96

It's really tough when you like 2 places equally and everyone who replies will have their own opinions.

Only thing I can suggest is to make a tick list of which is more suitable for you in a range of key areas, such as course details, career prospects, accommodation offering, overall student experience, location, extra-curricular offering etc etc. Might be easier to see if it it's in front of you in black and white

At the end of the day you're going to be spending the next 3, 4 or 5 years of your life so only you can make that decision of where you think you will be most happy.

If you need any specific questions answered to help you make your decision, I can help, but making your mind up is solely down to you.
Good luck with your decision :smile:

Vicky
Reply 2
Original post by cmacca96

Hey,

I studied BSc Geography at Royal Holloway having just graduated this summer. I had the best three years, I found the department to be amazing both academically and socially.

I did a fair bit of research before making my final decision and I'm pretty confident I made the right choice.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for from the department and the university.

For me the most important thing was department that had high student satisfcation score. You can find that info here.

I also wanted a department that was quite research driven so I knew the lecturers were important in their field and that as a student I'd have the opportunity to do a lot of my own research. You can find that information here for Loughborough and here for Royal Holloway.

If you'd like to know any information about the course, the social aspects or the university more generally just let me know. I also visited the Loughborough Open Day if that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest