The Student Room Group

Studying at Birkbeck university of London

Hello there!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's it like to study at BBK. Do you work during the day? Is it hard to get a part-time job? How old are the people in your course? How expensive is living in London?
Thanks in advance:smile:
I don't go there myself but I'm pretty sure all Birkbeck lectures/seminars take place in the evening so you only work in the day if you want to. I've heard that it's pretty easy to get a part-time job in London. London is expensive as you would expect but apart from accommodation, the costs are not that different to elsewhere in the country. Would you stay in University of London student accommodation?
Original post by Snufkin
I don't go there myself but I'm pretty sure all Birkbeck lectures/seminars take place in the evening so you only work in the day if you want to. I've heard that it's pretty easy to get a part-time job in London. London is expensive as you would expect but apart from accommodation, the costs are not that different to elsewhere in the country. Would you stay in University of London student accommodation?

Thanks for your reply!
Yes, I know that Birkbeck is the only evening university in England. Do you know any students who study there by any chance? Can you recommend me any part-time jobs in London? And I'm not sure yet where I'm going to stay... Is living in a flat with other flat mates cheaper than living in a student accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest