The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Was fantastic I thought, :ninja: , I have to admit it was tricky, but I was in a good maths mood.
Reply 2
Think you've got an A then?

I think I've got an A, if not a B. I don't know if I'm being over-confident by saying that though..
Reply 3
Well done guys.

I think i've done terribly. Found paper one rather easy, but paper 2? *SHUDDER* Found it extremely hard, considering it was nothing like any of the previous past papers i've revised from.

I went in hoping for an A, now i'll be lucky if i get a C :frown: Bloody irony once again. Oh well, if i get A's in my other four exams i won't care! If not....another year of maths beckons :eek:
Reply 4
I think Paper 1 was pretty easy. I hated question 4 and sketching those graphs though!

I found Paper 2 REEEEALLY difficult. Did any1 get the last question?? Or point P in question 4??
Reply 5
Gah, i didn't attempt questions 10 or 11 on paper 2 totallyme. Just took one look and thought 'Oh my god, haven't revised this at all!'
I didn't get the last question. To be honest, i don't think i got any after Q5 :frown:

Paper 1 was okay-ish, though.
Reply 7
Yea I've never seen a question lik 11c before sooo unfair! I started it but decided to ignore it in the end. 10 was difficult too but luckily yesterday I did loads of revision on graphs and stuff so a wasnt too bad, b tho?!?! What was 9?? I don't understand log graphs at all :frown:
Hey, 9 on log graphs?
Well they tell you something like;

y = ab^x

Take logs of both sides, and you should end up with something like

Log y = Log a + xlog b

Which is similar to the equation of a straight line.
For the gradient, it is obvious that log b is the gradient, and you use whatever b was to find it!
Reply 9
I messed up question 11 (c). I did some *really* random workings, and put down that the gradient was 4. I know it's wrong, but I took logs of both sides, so maybe I'll get a mark for that bit.

I got point P in question 4 to be (50,0). Thought that one was okay. :smile:
Paper 1 - Fine, easy yeah, couple of mistakes but it was ok.

Paper 2 - :frown: Anything with logs out the window...
Hey, paper one solutions are up, http://www.invergordon.highland.sch.uk/departments/maths/higher/higherexamsolutions.htm , LOST three marks on that ****ing trig graph sketch, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, all correct otherwise.
Reply 12
Ouch. I messed up question 9 DRASTICALLY. And lost all 10 marks at the worst. But I did do a lot of *correct* working, so I may have got some marks. And, I look to have got EVERYTHING else right. That's made me feel good. Thank you!!! :smile:
What was question nine? Was it the trig graph?:sucks:
Reply 14
Oh my god! I've got most of that wrong, so much for my confidence! /waves as the B/A passes by
Reply 15
Only 2 marks dropped in paper 1, that A is soon to be wrecked in paper 2 I'm sure. 1 mark for not writing plus or minus before that route 3 in 9 and 1 mark for 10 for not putting that brakt under 3x :mad: stupid lil mistakes!
Reply 16
Hello Everyone, hope you all did well! I did Higher Maths last year and I thought I had failed at the end of that exam but I ended up doing much better than I thought I would. :smile:
Reply 17
Oh hey I know what I did wrong. In question 9 it says F(x)=3x-x^3. I've wrote F(x)=3x-x^2. And followed it through from there, done all the stationary points jazz, and drawn my graph. How many marks do you think I'll lose for writing x^2 rather than x^3.

That was the only thing I did wrong though. Waheyyyy!

*Patiently awaits paper 2 solutions to bust my dreams of an A*
Reply 18
You'll probably only lose one mark for that Sammi, considering you went on and used the correct processes with the wrong number
Reply 19
Awesome. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending