The Student Room Group

Scared i have cancer...

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by forever_confused
i've been googling a lot of my symptoms and i'm worried that i have cancer....
i know google isn't reliable.. but a lot of my symptoms do sound like i have leukemia.

i've noticed i have lost my appetite, and i have lost weight. this has been going on for a few months. when i eat i feel sick. today i went out to eat with a friend and i literally felt sick as soon as i put the food in my mouth. :/ thought i was going to throw up.

i've also found an unexplained bruise on my calf.. looks more like veins.
i've been feeling really tired and dizzy at times. i had a nosebleed for the first time. :/

my lower back has also been aching a bit.

i know i need to make a doctors appointment, but has anyone else experienced these types of symptoms?

thank you x

Obviously go to a doctors but i had most of these symptoms (apart from the nose bleed) a couple of years ago and it turned out i was just very anemic
Thats still something the doctor would need to check out
Good luck at the doctors
Original post by BekahMay
Obviously go to a doctors but i had most of these symptoms (apart from the nose bleed) a couple of years ago and it turned out i was just very anemic
Thats still something the doctor would need to check out
Good luck at the doctors

i had a blood test recently and they told me i'm mildly anemic, so i have been taking iron tablets. you're probably right tbh x
Just go the doctors. I would try not to worry, tbh it seems like you're over diagnosing, it sounds like it will be something (if anything) a lot less serious to me!
it's always better to be safe than sorry... always ask your doctor if you get new symptoms or if your existing symptoms get worse.

Quick Reply