The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU Nursing/Children's Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tweediepie
I'm not able to go, would you let me know what happens/what it's like please?? :biggrin: x

HinTweediepie,

I haven't ask permission if I could take a day off from work yet so not sure if I could go too. Someone called me and she said it won't affect our application but will be good if we could attend so we could meet our lecturers and know more about our course. I will let you know if I could go.
London
Have you guys sorted out the DBS? Or the occupational health forms
Original post by courtiiee27

Nothing's been sent out yet. I've completed the Occupational Health form from the link on their website. I've got health problems so I wanted to start that process early as I knew that I would need a follow up meeting.

At the headstart day they did say that they would send the links out last week, but I haven't rec'd anything. They also said that for Adult Nursing that the enrolment day was the Sat 17th Sep
Hey guys, I am starting in September the Child Nursing Course! I am so nervous about not knowing anyone lol!

Sorry I've realised this is a month old, not too great on here lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jessiebear08
Hey guys, I am starting in September the Child Nursing Course! I am so nervous about not knowing anyone lol!

Hey! Same with me! I'm nervous for the results tomorrow tho! 😱

Hey don't worry, they'll be loads of other people who won't know anyone else either. You'll have a fab 3 years. I'm doing adult nursing and can't wait to start, seems such a long time between getting the offer and the start date.
starting in September, got my grades today!!!!

Good luck everyone..
Hope it all went well for you!:smile:
Original post by tweediepie
Hey! Same with me! I'm nervous for the results tomorrow tho! 😱
Original post by Sarah Green
Hey don't worry, they'll be loads of other people who won't know anyone else either. You'll have a fab 3 years. I'm doing adult nursing and can't wait to start, seems such a long time between getting the offer and the start date.

Thank you!!🙃👍🏻
Original post by courtiiee27

Just started mine last night actually! I need to find some scales haha and taking the vaccination form to the doctor as we speak. I am going to verify my evidence on Wednesday and should be good to go! I was so scared I was doing it too last Minuit, thank god I'm not the only one...

It's all on the preperation page:smile:
Just started mine last night actually! I need to find some scales haha and taking the vaccination form to the doctor as we speak. I am going to verify my evidence on Wednesday and should be good to go! I was so scared I was doing it too last Minuit, thank god I'm not the only one...

It's all on the preperation page:smile:

Congratulations on getting the grades

I was surprised how much paperwork there was to do. Have you done the bursary paperwork too?
Reply 51

Hey, I'm starting in September for Children's nursing and I'm nervous too. So where are you from? Rosie x
I found the course plan for September 2016 cohort year 1 on VLE, in case anyone is interested in looking at it, I shall attach it here :smile:
Reply 53
Wow, great! It is nice to have some sort of plan for the year as at the minute I don't even have a date to enrol yet!! I have noticed that we get a nice break at Christmas but nothing over the Easter- is this quite normal does anyone know? I am eager to start to sort out some childcare for my children!
Reply 54
Hi guys, I'm new here :smile: I'm doing child nursing this Sep and thought would be nice to meet fellow students before starting. Does anyone knows a page I can like to be updated of any events / get information before the course starts??? Thanks much!! Xx
Reply 55
Hi guys, just found this thread. I'm starting this Sep for child nursing and I thought could start saying hi to my fellow students. Anyone knows if there's like a freshers week or meet ups anytime soon? Is there a page I can go to to be updated of any happenings or get info before the course starts??? Thanks xxx
Original post by Joychroy
Hi guys, just found this thread. I'm starting this Sep for child nursing and I thought could start saying hi to my fellow students. Anyone knows if there's like a freshers week or meet ups anytime soon? Is there a page I can go to to be updated of any happenings or get info before the course starts??? Thanks xxx

Have you seen that there is an app? There's not much listed yet but I'm sure that they will soon

https://guidebook.com/g/lsbuinduction/
I'm starting the BSc Children's Nursing in September 2016 too! Are you staying in the university accommodation or commuting in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by leannesylvester
I'm starting the BSc Children's Nursing in September 2016 too! Are you staying in the university accommodation or commuting in?

I'm a mature student, a bit too old for student halls 😎
Reply 59
Hi everyone! I am also a mature student starting the BSc Childrens nursing on September. Is anyone aware of when we may receive our timetable yet? I am enrolling on the 17th September but I don't know much else!!

Quick Reply

Latest