The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

BA Social Work 2016 Entry @ Cardiff Met

Hi all.

Just firmed my place on the Cardiff Met BSc Social Work programme to start this September.
Anyone else firmed their place yet? Also anyone planning on applying to live in the halls of residence?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hiya Marie!
I'm also hopefully going on the course, I have been given a conditional offer :smile:
Won't be in halls but I'm only in Caerphilly xx
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
That's excellent! Congrats. I only live in Swansea but I'm thinking of applying to stay in halls. Are you entering as a school leaver or a mature student? Im really looking forward to starting in September.
Reply 3
Original post by mkf
That's excellent! Congrats. I only live in Swansea but I'm thinking of applying to stay in halls. Are you entering as a school leaver or a mature student? Im really looking forward to starting in September.

Mature studen chick, won't be moving into halls wouldn't be able to keep up with the kids drinking 😂 Plus may not help I have a 2 year old.
Have you applied anywhere else?
Haha!! Yeah I applied to Swansea, Newport, Glamorgan & Bristol. Had interviews for all of them but knew straight away I wanted to study in Cardiff. I did a year before studying psychology at Swansea and as I've worked in Swansea for the last couple of years I really wanted to study/live elsewhere and Cardiff is still quite close to all the family so easy to get back and forth.
Have you always wanted to go into SW?
Reply 5
I see what you mean it's not far away anyway. And to be honest no I wanted to go into nursing but certain circumstances has pushed me in the direction of social work. Was surprised when I was offered a place as there are a lot of people that I know that was declined. What date was ur interview for Cardiff met? X
I know, I didn't know many who applied but all that I do have been declined. My interview date was 17th Feb, yours? X
Reply 7
Mine was the same day! That's crazy! And yeah there's a few on my access course that have been declined x
Oh no way! I was so nervous I literally just kept to myself the whole day. My interview was at 12pm so luckily I didn't have to wait long. X
Congratulations everyone, welcome to team Cardiff Met!
Hi all. I'm starting the social work course in spetember but couldn't make the pre enrolment day last week. I have had the email with details of the timetable but struggling to figure out what the D on a Friday means? Can anyone shed any light ? I could be being dense and missing something obvious.
Not being silly, it's a home study day, there's going to be dining out upon the internet that we need to research or watch for the lectures the next week. Hope this helps! X

Quick Reply

Latest