The Student Room Group

Not wearing goggles/gloves in AS OCR Practical = instant fail?

I am absolutely, utterly, irrevocably gutted after realising, 10 minutes into the chemistry practical, that I was not wearing goggles, gloves, or an apron. I finished the tables and weighing after like 5 minutes, and started pouring the ethanoic acid...then realised I had no protective gear on. The invigilator didn't notice until I started putting the gloves on, I'm pretty sure...but am I screwed?

I know in the Bio practicals, being caught without protective gear is an instant 0/6...does the same apply in chemistry? I hear it's like £43 to retake (from my A2 friends who are retaking how far, how fast).

/.cry
Reply 1
aaannnnddd...I've posted on the wrong board.

great day all in all, really.

EDIT: and double posted rather than edited. I'm on a roll here, honestly.
Reply 2
Your paper will be sent off to an examiner who will mark your practical plan and your practical exam script.

There are 16 marks for the plan, 30 marks for implementing and analysing, and 14 marks for the evaluation.

All of these marks are based on what you've written in your script.

None of these marks are specifically for wearing gloves or glasses or a lab coat.

So you should be alright; unless the invigilator told you otherwise.
Reply 3
I forgot to wear my goggles in the AQA practical. I'm gutted about that but atleast it was only one mark lost for safety.

DAMMIT.

Latest