The Student Room Group

Doing dentistry at uni 2017

Hi, I am intersted in doing dentistry at uni and have a few questions that need to be answered!

1) what is the workload at uni for this course because I am someone who has to spend longer to learn certain topics
2) what is the pros and cons of choosing dentistry at uni, I know that people say its very rewarding but at the same time, I do hear people saying that it is not very enjoyable because of the level of stress
3)do you have to get more training after uni to qualify as a dentist because I heard that it will be another 2 years.
4) I have shadowed a dentist before, and the thing is how can I make sure that I actually like it? Because when I did the work experience, I did get intimidated as I can only manage to catch up with A level work by spending all my time on it. And I am terrible at biology even though I do work hard for it
5) finally what can I do to improve my chance of getting an offer? I know about the UKCAT test and the grades but what else?

Thanks.
Hey I'm applying for 2017 too. I am exactly the same as you and would love to see some replies. You should try to get some more work experience in different settings (dental clinics, orthodontists, etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest