The Student Room Group

Placement shift patterns at Canterbury Christ Church University

I am studying at the University of Greenwich and for childcare reasons I may need to withdraw from the course to re-apply for CCCU to be nearer family support. Does anyone know how placements at CCCU work, which hospitals they use, and the shift hours and patterns of placements? And what are the lecture hours like? Would be really helpful if someone could enlighten me :smile:
Reply 1
Hello, I'm a Biology student at CCCU but several of my friends are on the nursing course! I know they definitely use the Kent and Canterbury hospital in Canterbury, QEQM in Margate and the William Harvey hospital in Ashford. Community placements are all over, my friend did one at a doctors surgery in Herne Bay for example. As far as I know they do take into account who has a car and where you live too. :smile:

In terms of teaching, I think you normally have two or three "full" days of 9 to 5 and one or two half days of just the morning or the afternoon and it varies by module too. My friends have a day off a week at the moment because one module has finished.

Hope this is some help to you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi, thank you for replying, this does help a great deal! The teaching hours are similar to where I am at the moment so that sounds pretty good. Do you know how many days a week your nursing friends attend placements, and the hours? 😊
Reply 3
Hiya. :smile: Placements are probably similar to what you've been doing at Greenwich in that they vary depending on the placement location/working hours. In hospitals you normally do the same shifts as your mentor but I think you can put in a preference between long days or early/lates. With some nights of course! When I did Nursing at a different university I chose to do 3 long days so I could have the rest of the week off!

Community placements are obviously a bit different but are usually 9 to 5 Monday to Friday, or something similar!

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending