The Student Room Group

Are conditional offers ever removed?

Hi,
I hope this makes sense, I think I'm panicking for nothing but wanted to ask for advice.

I am a mature student and finished a degree in Pharmaceutical science and biological chemistry in 2012, I got a Bsc but don't know what my actual grade was so I just wrote passed on the ucas application. I have the certificate from LJMU to show I got the degree.

I have applied to do Adult nursing at a few uni's, got an unconditional offer from Salford ( but that starts next month) and have a conditional offer from Edge hill.

I'd rather wait and go to Edge hill as its closer and easier for me as I have a daughter.

I took the certificates to EHU on the day and had them copied at the application office who kept them, The conditional offer said that they needed to see my degree certificate and GCSE maths and English certificates again which I took in today.

I'm just worried that they will withdraw the offer for some reason and I will end up with no place if I reject the Salford offer now.

Any reassurance or advice would be great x
Original post by elliec1788
Hi,
I hope this makes sense, I think I'm panicking for nothing but wanted to ask for advice.

I am a mature student and finished a degree in Pharmaceutical science and biological chemistry in 2012, I got a Bsc but don't know what my actual grade was so I just wrote passed on the ucas application. I have the certificate from LJMU to show I got the degree.

I have applied to do Adult nursing at a few uni's, got an unconditional offer from Salford ( but that starts next month) and have a conditional offer from Edge hill.

I'd rather wait and go to Edge hill as its closer and easier for me as I have a daughter.

I took the certificates to EHU on the day and had them copied at the application office who kept them, The conditional offer said that they needed to see my degree certificate and GCSE maths and English certificates again which I took in today.

I'm just worried that they will withdraw the offer for some reason and I will end up with no place if I reject the Salford offer now.

Any reassurance or advice would be great x

It could be that they lost the copies or just wanted to double check before changing it to an unconditional offer.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It could be that they lost the copies or just wanted to double check before changing it to an unconditional offer.

Can they change it to unconditional or will it remain conditional?
Original post by elliec1788
Can they change it to unconditional or will it remain conditional?

They can change it
I don't understand what it is conditional on? what did it say in UCAS, is it just conditional on the basis that you provide evidence of your other degree.

Wouldn't your grade be your degree classification? I would have just put 2:1 or whatever in that field on UCAS.

I wouldn't reject or accept anything until you had heard from Edge Hill.
Reply 5
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
I don't understand what it is conditional on? what did it say in UCAS, is it just conditional on the basis that you provide evidence of your other degree.

Wouldn't your grade be your degree classification? I would have just put 2:1 or whatever in that field on UCAS.

I wouldn't reject or accept anything until you had heard from Edge Hill.

I'm not sure what degree classification I got, ordinary degree I think as I didn't get enough to get Honours.

I rang admissions on the day I go the offer and they said it might just be that they misplaced the copies. Fingers crossed that's it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending