The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is UCL good for Mechanical Engineering?

hey people, this is my first post on the student room :tongue:

So I am an IB student in india studying Math Phy Econ HL along with Chem English Spanish SL. I got the following offers so far:

Imperial - pending (I doubt i will get one)
UCL - 38/45 BEng Mechanical Engineering
Bristol - 36/45 MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Bath - 36/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering
Edinburgh - 34/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering

So here's the deal:
My parents love UCL(because prestige and all), though I am skeptical of going there because I have read countless tragic tales of UCL's Mechanical Engineering Department and such. Can someone tell me about the experience of studying Mech Eng at UCL? I like the university itself, but concerned about the academics there, and the fact that it is the only university I applied to where I am not going to be enrolling into a honors course. If I get rejected from Imperial, would it be worth going to UCL ahead of Bristol or Edinburgh, the other 2 universities that greatly interest me?

Any feedback is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by AmanInd1998
hey people, this is my first post on the student room :tongue:

So I am an IB student in india studying Math Phy Econ HL along with Chem English Spanish SL. I got the following offers so far:

Imperial - pending (I doubt i will get one)
UCL - 38/45 BEng Mechanical Engineering
Bristol - 36/45 MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Bath - 36/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering
Edinburgh - 34/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering

So here's the deal:
My parents love UCL(because prestige and all), though I am skeptical of going there because I have read countless tragic tales of UCL's Mechanical Engineering Department and such. Can someone tell me about the experience of studying Mech Eng at UCL? I like the university itself, but concerned about the academics there, and the fact that it is the only university I applied to where I am not going to be enrolling into a honors course. If I get rejected from Imperial, would it be worth going to UCL ahead of Bristol or Edinburgh, the other 2 universities that greatly interest me?

Any feedback is appreciated :smile:

UCL is a top brand ...
to me that is all that would have mattered ...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by TeeEm
UCL is a top brand ...
to me that is all that would have mattered ...

Read: 'I have no specifc points to add, so I'll defer to: it's prestigious'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending