The Student Room Group

differentiation additional maths help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bath_Student
I've already met his fellow offer holders for mathematics, and they're equally annoying. Perhaps snob isn't the right word, but unpleasant definitely suits them. Their common, obvious disregard for basic spelling and grammar is painful. I think I quote from one of those low-lifers: "mans got no mandems innit", or something along those lines. Bleerrrgghh. Sadly, such a person will constitute the next generation of Cambridge students..

UPDATE: I just received a warning from the TSR team saying that I propagated racial hatred on here. Obviously, this was never my intent!

I agree it can be annoying if they constantly speak like that, however I'm sure not all of them do. Maybe they were just joking?

And what did you expect when you called him a "Pakistani Cambridge snob" just because of his appearance? A quick look at his profile would tell you he's from Maurice.

If it were me I wouldn't have flagged you, and I'm not sure if he was the one who did it. But I don't really care much when people start generalizing and stereotyping, cuz then I just know they're not worth my time (not talking about you specifically btw). Also I'm not sure where you're from, but would you have liked it if someone referred to you as "a white" or "a black Cambridge snob" when your race or country have nothing to do with the conversation?
Original post by gagafacea1
I agree it can be annoying if they constantly speak like that, however I'm sure not all of them do. Maybe they were just joking?

And what did you expect when you called him a "Pakistani Cambridge snob" just because of his appearance? A quick look at his profile would tell you he's from Maurice.

If it were me I wouldn't have flagged you, and I'm not sure if he was the one who did it. But I don't really care much when people start generalizing and stereotyping, cuz then I just know they're not worth my time (not talking about you specifically btw). Also I'm not sure where you're from, but would you have liked it if someone referred to you as "a white" or "a black Cambridge snob" when your race or country have nothing to do with the conversation?

It's hardly generalising. I simply meant it as an indicator, a hint as to whom we might be talking about (so as not to give away his name). Similarly, I might have called someone black, or white with regards to their physical appearance WITHOUT ever having used that condescendingly (there is no malicious intent in saying that a strawberry is red, or a banana yellow is there?)

Please don't report me unnecessarily, folks, I cannot even count how many accounts I have had to make over a period of 7 months of using TSR (half a dozen maybe)..
Original post by Bath_Student
I cannot even count how many accounts I have had to make over a period of 7 months of using TSR (half a dozen maybe)..

Maybe you should just take the hint.
Original post by tinkerbella~
Maybe you should just take the hint.

I'll agree with whatever comes from the mouth of a beautiful girl...

Quick Reply

Latest