The Student Room Group

Tips on revising AQA ICT4 and ICT5 ?

Hey, have you started revising for this yet?

Any tips on succesful revision techniques for this exam would be very much appreciated. I've been using the mott and leeming book as my main source of information and although it is a good book i must admit i wonder if there are more concise sources that give you just what you need?
Please share your advice

thanks
Reply 1
Well FATMAX the online resource site for ICT students is good (google it). I always recommend looking at the specification carefully, to see exactly what you need to learn.

Past exams papers are always good. I took the ICT 5 one in january and to my suprise there were a couple of questions on there worded exactly the same from previous questions papers, all i did was past paper exercise and i got 86/90-it really works.

-sammy
Reply 2
the same (pretty much) questions do come up a lot - just be aware of changes in conext - i.e. what was a valid answer one year may not be another year as it doesn't fit with the specific context of the question

they do also sometimes ask the same question but chnage the answers that are allowe - can't remember precise details but something to do with code of conduct and also why systems might fail. It's very iiritating when you're trying to teach it.
Reply 3
Mylittleralph
Past exams papers are always good. I took the ICT 5 one in january and to my suprise there were a couple of questions on there worded exactly the same from previous questions papers, all i did was past paper exercise and i got 86/90-it really works.

Totally agree with you on that. If my tip for last minute revision was anything, past papers are the way to go.

A week to go. After the hell that was coursework, Unit 5 feels like a god send.
Reply 4
readjono
Totally agree with you on that. If my tip for last minute revision was anything, past papers are the way to go.

A week to go. After the hell that was coursework, Unit 5 feels like a god send.

Don't you find the 20 marck questions really hard? Some of them are alright however sometimes I feel like i would get 5/20 on these questions :mad:
Reply 5
20 mark question being the short essay question? just make a essay plan and remember to address 3 points to each bullet point in the question.
Use examples and explain everything specifically and always stick to the context.
Reply 6
I find the 20 markers pretty easy, thats mainly cause i have lots of time left at the end-2 hours? Hmm..

Just to clarify, a code of conduct considers the ethical values of ICT doesnt it? The opposite of code of practice free from moral, and legal issues?
Reply 8
re 20 markers - it's only 3 points per bullet if there's a lot of bullets - there's 16 marks for content so you need to split that between however many bullet points there is

personally I recommend spending 5 minutes brainstorming what you're going to talk about under each bullet point, that allows you to organise your thoughts first.

I've seen essays doen as the thoughts come into peoples' heads and they just don't flow as well

Latest

Trending

Trending