The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Still waiting for an offer?

I applied to the Univeristy of Nottingham in November, and I am still waiting on a reply. I understand that each department works differently, and perhaps the department for the course I am taking (Politics and International Relations) may be taking their time, but it just worries me. All of my friends, most of whom did not apply until January, have received their offers from Nottingham, and naturally I am panicking a bit. Should I do anything? Or would that be extremely inappropriate (which I feel like it would be)? I know that the best thing would be to sit and wait patiently, but it's freaking me out a bit. Are they known for taking a long time to respond? Am I overthinking it? Any input or experiences would be greatly appreciated!!
No, don't do anything. There is no need to worry, there is still lots of time to hear back. Stop thinking about it, chill out and focus on your work; that's the most important thing right now.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by siskagreene
I applied to the Univeristy of Nottingham in November, and I am still waiting on a reply. I understand that each department works differently, and perhaps the department for the course I am taking (Politics and International Relations) may be taking their time, but it just worries me. All of my friends, most of whom did not apply until January, have received their offers from Nottingham, and naturally I am panicking a bit. Should I do anything? Or would that be extremely inappropriate (which I feel like it would be)? I know that the best thing would be to sit and wait patiently, but it's freaking me out a bit. Are they known for taking a long time to respond? Am I overthinking it? Any input or experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Hang in there. My daughter applied for PPE /Politics & Philosophy at UCL & Bristol, on October 13th - so around a month before you- and still no offer (or rejection!) Maybe no news is good news, but it is frustrating especially when one hears of others getting offers.
Reply 3
Original post by dontargue
Hang in there. My daughter applied for PPE /Politics & Philosophy at UCL & Bristol, on October 13th - so around a month before you- and still no offer (or rejection!) Maybe no news is good news, but it is frustrating especially when one hears of others getting offers.

Bristol is the other University that I am waiting for a reply from! Perhaps the politics departments in Nottingham and Bristol like to be very thorough haha :smile:
Thank you for the reply, it's made me slightly less paranoid.
I hope your daughter gets a reply soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending