The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is Imperial That Good???

I have a question for anybody attending Imperial who does engineering (or has to regularly make use of the Labs)

I have heard of quite a few people who have turned down Imperial after receiving an offer. I've been told by a student at Brunel uni that he turned it down because of the an attitude that he said a lot of the people there have (stuff like having a large ego), and also because of the high research intensity the labs are hard to get a hold of.

Can these claims be confirmed or refuted by anyone?

Cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Halmot
I have a question for anybody attending Imperial who does engineering (or has to regularly make use of the Labs)

I have heard of quite a few people who have turned down Imperial after receiving an offer. I've been told by a student at Brunel uni that he turned it down because of the an attitude that he said a lot of the people there have (stuff like having a large ego), and also because of the high research intensity the labs are hard to get a hold of.

LOOOOL.

Here's Imperial

Here's Brunel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
He turned down brunel for imperial

nice try

wouldnotreadagain/10
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
He turned down brunel for imperial

nice try

wouldnotreadagain/10

I'm done, genuinely done hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes imperial is good???? Rejecting Imperial for Brunel just because people there have high egos is a bit silly...People would kill to get into Imperial, its one of the best universities in the world.....
Aside from anything else, Brunel's campus is depressing.
I turned down Imperial for other reasons but people have said to me that it is very intense.
Reply 7
I think he lied... probably mad Imperial didn't accept him loool
LMAO turning down imperial for Brunel :rofl:

You just got rustled
I turned down Imperial for other reasons but people have said to me that it is very intense.

Why'd you turn it down?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ememoville
Why'd you turn it down?

Imperial has little support to International Students.
(I firmed UCL)
Original post by GUMI
I think he lied... probably mad Imperial didn't accept him loool

Studying at Brunel doubt he even had the grades to seriously consider applying to imperial lmao.
Original post by Halmot

That guy was just jealous that he sh1t the bed and others made it. Instead he settled for less and now deep down his mirin' brah

Original post by Halmot

Lolllllllllllllllllll this is untrue, I am at Imperial. You will get t***s at Imperial and at any other uni.
Imperial has little support to International Students.
(I firmed UCL)

That sucks. Was that for Engineering? UCL's Engineering is pretty lacking compared to its other departments.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by yl95
That sucks. Was that for Engineering? UCL's Engineering is pretty lacking compared to its other departments.

Yeah :| UCL has a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and support in general while Imperial is more, let's say, "elitist".
Life Sciences!
Yeah :| UCL has a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and support in general while Imperial is more, let's say, "elitist".
Life Sciences!

I don't think it's quite elitist as Imperial's bursary scheme is the most generous in the country and also all of its scholarships. It's just that international students aren't offered bursaries.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
IMPERIAL is a top place !!
Z16.jpg
The replies to this thread are making my day :toofunny:
As an Imperial grad, I can confirm that it is every bit as good as the rankings suggest :yes:

Rejecting Imperial in favour of Brunel is simply unheard of :rofl:
I work at Imperial, yes there is a competitive culture and some thing are being improved. However there is also really lovely students who care a lot about the community and a million and one clubs and societies that they are all passionate about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending