The Student Room Group

Is there any point in doing Maths AS in year 11 then A level in year 12?

I am currently in a fast track class to do AS maths at the end of this year but I've been told that the grade I achieve won't count in any offers I may get from unis cos I'm doing AS out of the 2 year sixth form period. Should I continue in this class or do the full A-level next year (cos I've already learnt the C1, C2 and S1 content)?
btw I want to do medicine
Original post by lordofthehumans
I am currently in a fast track class to do AS maths at the end of this year but I've been told that the grade I achieve won't count in any offers I may get from unis cos I'm doing AS out of the 2 year sixth form period. Should I continue in this class or do the full A-level next year (cos I've already learnt the C1, C2 and S1 content)?
btw I want to do medicine

Since, you've already learnt it, it will be piss easy next year...

But I don't think there's any need to add that extra unnecessary stress of doing the exam this year of it doesn't count. Focus on your GCSE's (they do matter for medicine).
Original post by champ_mc99
Since, you've already learnt it, it will be piss easy next year...

But I don't think there's any need to add that extra unnecessary stress of doing the exam this year of it doesn't count. Focus on your GCSE's (they do matter for medicine).

Thanks but I feel like I may as well do it this year cos I've done the course anyway :s-smilie: I just don't know what effect it will have on me
Original post by lordofthehumans
Thanks but I feel like I may as well do it this year cos I've done the course anyway :s-smilie: I just don't know what effect it will have on me

Don't you think It'll be a pain revising for an exam that won't even count. You could lose focus from your GCSE's. But if you really want to do it and think you can handle it, then go ahead.
Original post by champ_mc99
Don't you think It'll be a pain revising for an exam that won't even count. You could lose focus from your GCSE's. But if you really want to do it and think you can handle it, then go ahead.

you're right, I think I may not do any exams this year and do the AS and A level next year :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest