The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Grey College 2016 offers thread

Hi!!! I was thinking that since every other college appears to have a new thread, we could have one too to get to know each other :-)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I have been offered a place at Greys too
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Spivo1410
Original post by MichaelJames97
Hi I have been offered a place at Greys too

What subject? Mine is Law :-)
Original post by anna7865
I've been offered a place for Economics and Politics

Nice to meet you!! :-)
Reply 5
Hi guys! I've got a place at Grey too
:-)
Original post by idkidc
Hi guys! I've got a place at Grey too
Hello :smile: I have been offered a place at Grey but unsure about it as I wanted Josephine Butler so I could be self catered 😂 I'm not sure I can afford it but I doubt I can change colleges due to that 😂Oh well has anyone heard anything about grey?? Like its reputation and the social life?? Haven't really found much information?? Also is anyone studying psychology ☺️??
Reply 8
pure math student here . anyone going to greys on the monday and.tuesday applicant day?
Original post by amylouise5
Hello :smile: I have been offered a place at Grey but unsure about it as I wanted Josephine Butler so I could be self catered 😂 I'm not sure I can afford it but I doubt I can change colleges due to that 😂Oh well has anyone heard anything about grey?? Like its reputation and the social life?? Haven't really found much information?? Also is anyone studying psychology ☺️??

I don't know much, except that it is know for having the "Best college bar" ;-)

From what I can gather, there are four housing buildings, one of which is self catered, or so I've read somewhere, but I could be wrong, so hopefully you will be able to get self catered anyway. :-D

Although it's in a modern building, it is quite traditional I believe, with gowned formals...
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi I've got a place at Grey and am studying English Lit :smile: I'm also going on the mon/tues open day in march
Reply 11
hey I'm Grey too :smile: I'm going to tues/wed open day but don't know what to wear for a smart/cas dinner??
Reply 12
Original post by Dea:)
hey I'm Grey too :smile: I'm going to tues/wed open day but don't know what to wear for a smart/cas dinner??

Hey- Im going to that open day too! I'm guessing nice-ish trousers (ilke not scruffy) and a nice top or something like that?
Reply 13
Original post by idkidc
Hey- Im going to that open day too! I'm guessing nice-ish trousers (ilke not scruffy) and a nice top or something like that?

That sounds about right :smile: I wasn't sure if it was dressy enough for a skirt?
Reply 14
That sounds about right :smile: I wasn't sure if it was dressy enough for a skirt?

I'm not sure. I'm still trying to work that out as well. It should be fine as long as it's not really fancy?
What subject do you have an offer for btw?
Reply 15
I've received a place for Engineering, look forward to seeing you all in October :smile:
I was at Grey quite a few years ago for 4 years - I go back every year for a few days, and sometimes just pop in to say hello to some people I know & have a pint or two... I think I must have really enjoyed my time there :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by anna7865
I've been offered a place for Economics and Politics

I've been offered a place to study Economics and Politics and for Grey too!
Reply 18
Original post by idkidc
I'm not sure. I'm still trying to work that out as well. It should be fine as long as it's not really fancy?
What subject do you have an offer for btw?

Law :smile: What about you? I've never been to Durham before so wanted to see it before making firm/insurance choices
Reply 19
Law :smile: What about you? I've never been to Durham before so wanted to see it before making firm/insurance choices

PPE but I kind of want to convert to Law in first year now (I'm not sure though). And yeah, same, I don't want to go and find I hate it or something

Quick Reply

Latest