The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Foundation Pharmacy 2016

Hi! I would like to know who else has applied to foundation pharmacy in Kingston and if anyone had any offers or interviews yet?
Reply 1
Original post by LightningThief
Hi! I would like to know who else has applied to foundation pharmacy in Kingston and if anyone had any offers or interviews yet?

Hi I applied and early February they requested me to send my qualifications. Since then I have heard nothing back. Have you heard back yet ?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Declare
Hi I applied and early February they requested me to send my qualifications. Since then I have heard nothing back. Have you heard back yet ?

Yeah :biggrin: A week ago, they got in touch and offered me an offer without any interviews. They requested for a total of 320 UCAS points. I hope you hear back from them quickly :biggrin:
Yeah :biggrin: A week ago, they got in touch and offered me an offer without any interviews. They requested for a total of 320 UCAS points. I hope you hear back from them quickly :biggrin:

I thought it was 160 UCAS Points for minimum entry for Pharmacy science foundation year?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your qualifications/results before entry?
Original post by LionKing101
I thought it was 160 UCAS Points for minimum entry for Pharmacy science foundation year?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your qualifications/results before entry?

Well, I am doing BTEC Level 3 on Health and Social Care and until now we still don't have any grades for it. At the same time I am doing Media A2, which I got either a B/A from. It's 320 for me as they both want 160 from each. :biggrin:
Well, I am doing BTEC Level 3 on Health and Social Care and until now we still don't have any grades for it. At the same time I am doing Media A2, which I got either a B/A from. It's 320 for me as they both want 160 from each. :biggrin:

Cool :smile:

By the way, is Health and Social Care a double award or single award? & What were your GCSE grades?

Do you know anyone else who has got an offer yet?

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Cool :smile:

By the way, is Health and Social Care a double award or single award? & What were your GCSE grades?

Do you know anyone else who has got an offer yet?

Thanks

It is a double award and I got mainly Bs and Cs for gcse :smile: Have you heard back from? And no, I don't know anyone else, sorry.
It is a double award and I got mainly Bs and Cs for gcse :smile: Have you heard back from? And no, I don't know anyone else, sorry.

Ah cool :smile:

Are you hoping to pursue a career in Pharmacy/Graduate Medicine/Chemistry or anything science related afterwards?

Still no reply yet unfortunately... I hope to hear soon.
Ah cool :smile:

Are you hoping to pursue a career in Pharmacy/Graduate Medicine/Chemistry or anything science related afterwards?

Still no reply yet unfortunately... I hope to hear soon.

I plan to stick with Pharmacy haha. Although I received a foundation chemistry interview from UEA, pretty interesting but obviously it leads to chemistry degrees. Sorry to be a bother but could I ask if you have any tips and advices for interviews? :smile:

Has other universities you've applied to, gotten in touch with you except Kingston?
I plan to stick with Pharmacy haha. Although I received a foundation chemistry interview from UEA, pretty interesting but obviously it leads to chemistry degrees. Sorry to be a bother but could I ask if you have any tips and advices for interviews? :smile:

Has other universities you've applied to, gotten in touch with you except Kingston?

Cool,

Sorry, I haven't had any interviews so I don't think I would be of much help. I would recommend just trying to learn some basic chemistry beforehand, and also appear relaxed and confident. Try seeing other forums to see if anyone has had an interview.

I got rejected from Manchester, Durham,
I got an offer from University of Hertfordshire for Pharmacy with Foundation Year - (the 1st year is an extended science degree which if you get above 70%, you can transfer onto Year 1 of your chosen course: e.g. MPharm)

How about you?

Good Luck :smile:
Hi everyone,

If you have any questions about Kingston please let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Cool,

Sorry, I haven't had any interviews so I don't think I would be of much help. I would recommend just trying to learn some basic chemistry beforehand, and also appear relaxed and confident. Try seeing other forums to see if anyone has had an interview.

I got rejected from Manchester, Durham,
I got an offer from University of Hertfordshire for Pharmacy with Foundation Year - (the 1st year is an extended science degree which if you get above 70%, you can transfer onto Year 1 of your chosen course: e.g. MPharm)

How about you?

Good Luck :smile:

That's alright and thank you very much :biggrin:

I was going to apply to Mancherster and Durham as well, but then apparently they don't take my qualifications in and then another from both university says they do. In the end it was a bust for me, oh well.

Are you going to take the foundation year? I heard that Hertfordshire is a great university from my classmates who are applying there.

Same here, good luck to you too and I hope you hear quickly from Kingston. Waiting for to hear back from them is pretty stressful especially during around this time of the year when we are meant to be focusing on coursework a and exams. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you very much once again :biggrin:
Original post by Kingston University
Hi everyone,

If you have any questions about Kingston please let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Student Ambassador

Hi,I would like to know, if you know when the next open day will be? As the only ones I saw on the site were for specific courses only.

Thank you! :biggrin:
That's alright and thank you very much :biggrin:

I was going to apply to Mancherster and Durham as well, but then apparently they don't take my qualifications in and then another from both university says they do. In the end it was a bust for me, oh well.

Are you going to take the foundation year? I heard that Hertfordshire is a great university from my classmates who are applying there.

Same here, good luck to you too and I hope you hear quickly from Kingston. Waiting for to hear back from them is pretty stressful especially during around this time of the year when we are meant to be focusing on coursework a and exams. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you very much once again :biggrin:

Which other universities did you apply to? Did you apply to all Pharmacy Foundation Year? (With the exception of UEA Chemistry Foundation Year).

I'm hoping so, although I would love to get into Kingston. It would give me good motivation for exams too. I've heard Hertfordshire is also a great university.

A2 exams are in 2/3 months too.

No worries :smile:

Which other universities did you apply to? Did you apply to all Pharmacy Foundation Year? (With the exception of UEA Chemistry Foundation Year).

I'm hoping so, although I would love to get into Kingston. It would give me good motivation for exams too. I've heard Hertfordshire is also a great university.

A2 exams are in 2/3 months too.

No worries :smile:

Keele, Man and Durham are the other three I've applied too but yeah it was a rejection. Then the others are Kingston and UEA. Hoping to at least nail UEA, as I quite like the university and the course for Chemistry.

I couldn't apply to any other foundation courses like the Hert because of my subjects haha.

Yeah the exams (thankfully only have one) are creeping in, really fast. I wish you good luck for yours as I think you'll have more exams than I do.

Thank you again :biggrin:
Hi,I would like to know, if you know when the next open day will be? As the only ones I saw on the site were for specific courses only.

Thank you! :biggrin:

Hi LigthningTheif,

When were you hoping to apply?

Thanks,

Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending