The Student Room Group

Bournemouth or Falmouth for Illustration (MA)

Which would you say is better in terms of town, people, tutors, graduate prospects, etc?

I only have a couple of days to reply to my offer from Falmouth, and to be honest I'm quite drawn to it. On the other hand Bournemouth has offered me a pre masters course to get in some intensive practice in the subject to prepare me (currently doing my undergrad in English literature) so that might be a better option?

Does anyone know anything about either of these universities? I'm also still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and UAL. I understand that a lot of this is subjective and that when it comes down to it they're all good universities but which ones would you pick?

Any advice from graduates and alumni as well as current students is greatly appreciated! :smile:
Original post by grannygrantham
Which would you say is better in terms of town, people, tutors, graduate prospects, etc?

I only have a couple of days to reply to my offer from Falmouth, and to be honest I'm quite drawn to it. On the other hand Bournemouth has offered me a pre masters course to get in some intensive practice in the subject to prepare me (currently doing my undergrad in English literature) so that might be a better option?

Does anyone know anything about either of these universities? I'm also still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and UAL. I understand that a lot of this is subjective and that when it comes down to it they're all good universities but which ones would you pick?

Any advice from graduates and alumni as well as current students is greatly appreciated! :smile:

For Masters courses you can accept as many offers as you like because you apply directly and not through UCAS. Check the small print about whether you need to pay deposits and when you commit to paying fees but usually this will be in the Summer/Autumn.

But you can should be able to accept and offer from Falmouth without any financial commitment.

Looking at the Falmouth website they seem to charge an acceptance fee? If you're not sure and don't want to pay this fee then contact them and ask them to extend the deadline for accepting. This really shouldn't be a problem. If they wont extend the deadline for accepting then I'd be very wary of accepting to be honest.
Original post by PQ
For Masters courses you can accept as many offers as you like because you apply directly and not through UCAS. Check the small print about whether you need to pay deposits and when you commit to paying fees but usually this will be in the Summer/Autumn.

But you can should be able to accept and offer from Falmouth without any financial commitment.

Looking at the Falmouth website they seem to charge an acceptance fee? If you're not sure and don't want to pay this fee then contact them and ask them to extend the deadline for accepting. This really shouldn't be a problem. If they wont extend the deadline for accepting then I'd be very wary of accepting to be honest.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

You are correct; they require me to pay a £1,000 deposit by early next week upon accepting the offer. Seeing as I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and UAL, I'd rather have all my offers in hand before making a decision.

I took your advice and emailed them requesting them to extend the window, fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest