The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
Hey!!I've got a firm unconditional offer for King's,for the child branch.My 1st choice accom is SSA then GDS?How about u?What branch etc have you applied for?Have you had a reply yet??I had my offer in March,glad I didn't have to wait this long to find out would have gone crazy!!Good luck anyway!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hey,

Got my unconditional offer and really chuffed!! Can't wait to get started! :p:

I don't know about halls but I think I will probably go for GDA or Wolfson House - I can't believe how expensive they are though!

I am doing adult branch hopefully based at Guys/St Tommys but don't know yet as still waiting for the letter from Kings to get here! but we all do the same for the first year don't we?

What you doing at the moment? I am currently at Reading Uni doing a foundation year.
Reply 3
WELL DONE for getting your offer,is good to hear of someone else going to King's,can't seem to find anyone else!!

I have gone for SSA as 1st choice accom cos is only 5 mins down road to lectures!! and GDS as 2nd.

I applied for guy/tommys as my 1st choice trust and am so pleased i got offered it.you should hear soon what trust you have got.we don't all have the same trusts for the 1st year it is based on what you have chosen.

I live in nottingham at the mo,am working and doing some volunteer work with a children's playscheme which is fun.I'm nearly 21,can't believe how old i'm getting lol!!how old are you??I'm originally from surrey,lived there all my life except 3 years in london so i know the place like the back of my hand!!and can't wait to get back there,spending all my bursary on oxford st shops!!are you doing the degree or diploma??i'm doing the diploma but will transfer to degree at end of year one hopefuly if i can get my act together to pass evry module 1st time in the 1st year!!

If you have any q's feel free to pm me.xx
Reply 4
Thanks - I am really excited to get into London to, I live in East Sussex when not at Uni so its not that far from me anyway!

You think your getting old, by the time this weeks ends i will be 22! And trust me that feels much older than 21....!

I am gonna start with the diploma as well but like you am hoping to get on to the degree programme for the second year if i do well enough!

Are you nervous about being on the ward the first time? i am trying to get some work experience over my summer holiday to try and prepare myself!!

You got any plans to join any societies sports clubs or anything?

xx
Reply 5
You will love London,it's the most amazing place!!A couple of years ago me&a friend spent the whole summer getting off the tube at every stop and exploring so i pretty much know every corner now!!

Guess we will just have to knuckle down with the work in the 1st year!!from what i can gather about the uni the nursing course is pretty full on and King's are very strict so am getting a bit worried!!I'm so nervous about being on the wards,and worried about all the blood,guts,puke and poo etc!!!hopefully it won't be too bad on the child branch although my mum is a nurse too and she has told me some disgusting horror stories!!just to put me off!!

Don't worry about being 22,guess we are only as young as we feel!!!I certainly only feel about 16,I still get asked for ID for booze anyway!!will be a nightmare at uni!not that we will probably get any time to ourselves in the next 3 years!!

What are you doing for your Foundation Year then??My best friend is doing a PhD at Reading uni at the mo.Transferring to the degree should be ok,i think you have to pass every module and placement etc first time though to qualify.hmmm!!

I'm trying to get some experience but bit of a nightmare round here cos my local hospital,QMC in Nottingham is in real financial trouble so they are not even taking volunteers at the moment,v.annoying.

Have you heard anything from Occupational Health yet about health clearance??I'm getting worried,want to find out about the course etc!!

Anyways,tell me a bit about yourself!! xx

Latest