The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Offer at U of Roehampton for Psychology?

Hey everyone!

I don't really pay attention to the league table but I have heard that U of Roehampton is really good for Psychology. Can someone tell me what makes the Psychology course there really good? - Is it the teachers, is it the technology, is it the class atmosphere?

I'd love to know,
Thanks guys. (-:
Reply 1
(i apologise for the long length however i wanted to give you a proper idea and the formal style; I've got gotten used to talking and writing like that ahah)
Iam a second year psychology student at roey and it is quite good for psychology, if you get your head down and work the lecturers are really friendly however some people would disagree but its a matter of respect to be honest. No matter which university you choose you will always get bad and good lecturers. We have access to a Fmri scanner in part with royal holloway university however it is over there, i have never got mine scanned never understood the hype. However you can get it scanner and get a picture of your brain when you do a study for a third year who is doing they research project or a lecturer's study. Furthermore like i said we can use the MRI scanner for our third year project which is very rare for universities to let undergraduates use it. What most influenced me about roey is the friendly atmosphere and the whitelands campus ( where the psychology department is located) is beautiful; overlooking richmond park. It really is a pleasure to study there. To conclude i would say its a "really good" university. we also have a school disco ( with alcohol) called bop every Friday.

I don't understand what you mean by the class atmosphere however i will address the separate points; firstly i would say its not that good as first year there are a lot of people ( I had 300 in my first year) however some/ most of the lectures are engaging however some are downright boring. Your not gunna get a great lecture every single time. To be honest some people there are not that great however it can vary as you can get people who actually want to learn and people who are just looking for a good time. Iam the former mostly :P. we get fortnightly tutorials and a lab class in second and third years ; that is the close proximity teaching.
If theres anything else you want to know just drop a comment.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by yatres
(i apologise for the long length however i wanted to give you a proper idea and the formal style; I've got gotten used to talking and writing like that ahah)
Iam a second year psychology student at roey and it is quite good for psychology, if you get your head down and work the lecturers are really friendly however some people would disagree but its a matter of respect to be honest. No matter which university you choose you will always get bad and good lecturers. We have access to a Fmri scanner in part with royal holloway university however it is over there, i have never got mine scanned never understood the hype. However you can get it scanner and get a picture of your brain when you do a study for a third year who is doing they research project or a lecturer's study. Furthermore like i said we can use the MRI scanner for our third year project which is very rare for universities to let undergraduates use it. What most influenced me about roey is the friendly atmosphere and the whitelands campus ( where the psychology department is located) is beautiful; overlooking richmond park. It really is a pleasure to study there. To conclude i would say its a "really good" university. we also have a school disco ( with alcohol) called bop every Friday.

I don't understand what you mean by the class atmosphere however i will address the separate points; firstly i would say its not that good as first year there are a lot of people ( I had 300 in my first year) however some/ most of the lectures are engaging however some are downright boring. Your not gunna get a great lecture every single time. To be honest some people there are not that great however it can vary as you can get people who actually want to learn and people who are just looking for a good time. Iam the former mostly :P. we get fortnightly tutorials and a lab class in second and third years ; that is the close proximity teaching.
If theres anything else you want to know just drop a comment.

That's so helpful, thank you! Is west London around the campus quite safe? - in terms of being able to walk around alone at night or would you have to be pretty street smart?
Reply 3
As your doing psychology, you would most likely be living next on whitelands. Its quite safe in terms of having no attacks etc etc. However i would suggest that you do need a degree of caution walking in the area around whitelands at night on your own; if you are with other people then its fine. However i would suggest a degree of caution.
Ps. if you want to walk around the campus at night its completely safe :smile:.
Hope that helps.
Original post by tinageiser
That's so helpful, thank you! Is west London around the campus quite safe? - in terms of being able to walk around alone at night or would you have to be pretty street smart?

I study Biomedical Sciences at this campus and sometimes leave at around 8 PM. The university grounds are always very safe and the walk from the gates of Whitelands college to the main road (which is always busy) literally takes a minute.
i've confirmed to study psychology at roehampton. i am currently doing a media btec course (extended diploma) and i just wanted to ask about the difficulty of the course? i have done an AS in psychology before, but am not studying psychology now (which i regret).

what is it like, in terms of academic difficulty?
thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending