The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

warwick
Oxford or York.
Stanford GSB/Berkeley or Cambridge
Reply 103
My dream university would be one with the mixture of the gothic/victorian architecture and green setting of the US Ivies, in close proximity to a big city like London/New York, which housed you for your whole degree in Uni accomodation guarenteed, based its teaching on small group tutorials/supervisions, and was cheap and close to home as well as being very well respected and tip-top for research with great lecturers and with non-stressful entry standards, but full of intelligent, friendly people!

That is my 'dream' university.
empfrench
My dream university would be one with the mixture of the gothic/victorian architecture and green setting of the US Ivies, in close proximity to a big city like London/New York, which housed you for your whole degree in Uni accomodation guarenteed, based its teaching on small group tutorials/supervisions, and was cheap and close to home as well as being very well respected and tip-top for research with great lecturers and with non-stressful entry standards, but full of intelligent, friendly people!

That is my 'dream' university.

Sounds perfect to me.
MrDotDarko
Sounds perfect to me.

:ditto: Shame a uni like that doesn't exist :frown:
Reply 106
My dream university would be Oxford, but free of charge (tuition/college/living costs) and give you money for travel (if you home town is a thousand miles away).

Also, one-to-one tuition GUARANTEED, interesting and engaging lectures (that take place in the afternoon), friendly and stress-free atmosphere. All study rooms are ensuite, with fridges in each room. Supermarkets and city very accessible.

And oh did I mention - you get what you want with a snap of your fingers!

(But that would be too easy)
Reply 107
UCL, can only rely on a transfer though, and that probably wont happen.
:biggrin:
Reply 108
Columbia or Harvard :biggrin:. Both world-class unis in/near to big cities, and really pretty! :biggrin:
Reply 109
Tufts. I love it there.
Reply 110
chrissy909
If there were no financial considerations and you could definiately get in.

What's your dream uni?

Mine is Yale - I'm actually going to apply for Law and History but I don't know whether I'm good enough.

mine would have to be my fav is lipa and lucky as i am i am off there in september some good did come at last however ultimatly i guess Rada would always be the fav without the ponsy people who only care about money
lol polly x
Oxford. *sigh*
Reply 112
Durham...although I wish that I didn't live a six hour car journey away! :frown:
King's College, Cambridge.

Or failing that, the Sorbonne might do. :p:
Reply 114
Some sort of university either in Venice or Barcelona, on the waterfronts of either city
Yale, Duke or Stanford for Law.

I'm planning on doing a Juris Doctor after I get my British qualifications.

As an undergrad? Princeton, Dartmouth, St. Andrews or Durham. But I'd never get into any of them :frown:

Probably could have transferred to an Ivy, but Princeton doesn't take transfers... grrr...
"Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities."

Stanford (minus the D) is on the peninsula, which is much warmer and more suburban than San Francisco. It's like an hour's drive. And why on earth is San Francisco one of your favorite cities?!
melissabee
Oxford. *sigh*

i was like that when Cambridge rejected me. But 1 term of imperial physics and you'll realise that you dodged a bullet :biggrin:

my perfect course/uni: (if i had no future to consider,) film studies at whatever the ****est uni in London is
stephanina
"Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities."

Stanford (minus the D) is on the peninsula, which is much warmer and more suburban than San Francisco. It's like an hour's drive. And why on earth is San Francisco one of your favorite cities?!

It's only a 40 minute drive. And San Francisco is beautiful (although annoyingly cold)!
San Francisco is freezing, dirty and littered with homeless people... I love Gavin, hate the city.

A 40 minute drive is still more than most university students have time for. Maybe once in a while, but not, say, weekly.

Latest

Trending

Trending