The Student Room Group

What lyrics to a song have you mistaken for something else.

The songs that sounded like something but when you read the lyrics you were wrong. I thought the song 'sweet nothing' by Calvin Harris and Florence Welch the lyric was "when your giving me sexy elephant" but the lyric is "giving me such sweet nothing". Also that Lukas Graham song '7 years' I thought he was saying "I only see mangoes" but he says " I only see my goals". 😂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kid Ink ft Chris Brown Show Me. i thought the chorus went 'baby let me put you pennies to the side' but it was actually 'baby let me put your panties to the side'

lol
'Get along you Starbucks lovers' instead of 'got a long list of ex lovers' - Blank Space.
Original post by SeanFM
'Get along you Starbucks lovers' instead of 'got a long list of ex lovers' - Blank Space.

She doesn't say "Starbucks lovers"?! :eek4:
Original post by Lord Samosa
She doesn't say "Starbucks lovers"?! :eek4:

Listen to it again :tongue:

She says ex lovers but they sound almost the same.
https://vine.co/v/OwjHAmiKQel
Reply 5
I love him, but only on the Mondays - On my own, Les Mis
Would you rather be a weirdo, or a divorced tree - The Breaks over, The Take over, Fall out boy
Got along you Starbucks lovers - Blank space
He said he likes spongebob squarepants he wants his sponge to grab - Anaconda, Nicki Minaj
Tripping on my moustache - Stitches, Shaun Mendes
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought it was "Anywhere the wind blows doesn't really matter to me", the anywhere is anyway.
Original post by SeanFM
Listen to it again :tongue:

She says ex lovers but they sound almost the same.
https://vine.co/v/OwjHAmiKQel

I thought the same for at least one of the "ex lovers".
'I wanna be a billionaire, so freaking bad. Why I'll have the things I never had'

It's actually 'buy' lol
Human - Killers. He says "are we humans, or are we dancers". My dad thought he says "are we humans, or are we hamsters" :lol:
Three little birds upon my doorstep

I thought it was three little birds to find my daughter:colondollar::colonhash:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Bohemian Rhapsody (3:27) -

What I heard - Spare him his life from his warm sausage tea.
Actual lyric - "Spare him his life from this monstrosity"

That's amazing.
ZAYN's PillowTalk...
I mistook "bed all day, bed all day, bed all day" for "better day, better day, better day" and wondered what on earth was wrong with his pronunciation.

My brother mistook "my enemy, my ally" for "my enemy, my Allah" in the same song. :rofl:
Message in a Bottle by The Police - when he sings "a year has passed since I wrote my note", it really sounds like "a year has passed since I broke my nose".
Reply 14
Original post by Mochassassin
ZAYN's PillowTalk...
I mistook "bed all day, bed all day, bed all day" for "better day, better day, better day" and wondered what on earth was wrong with his pronunciation.

My brother mistook "my enemy, my ally" for "my enemy, my Allah" in the same song. :rofl:

****ing in, farting on
instead of ****ing in, fighting on

from pillow talk .....
Please don't stop Lorraine....I was like what is Lorraine doing and why are people trying to stop her and why is James Morrison trying to stop those people who are trying to stop Lorraine?!
It was actually the rain, but I guess the questions still apply.
Beyonce- Best thing I never had

"I wanted you bad, I'm so through with that, you are a pterodactyl penis"
(edited 8 years ago)
"Our love is like a **** in the ocean" instead of ship.
Toto - Africa - "I left some brains down in Africa" versus the real one "I bless the rains down in Africa".

REM - Losing my Religion - "Let's pee in the corner, let's pee in the spotlight" versus the real one ""That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight".

Black Sabbath - Paranoid - "I tell you to end your life, I wish I could but it's too late" versus the real one "I tell you to enjoy life, I wish I could but it's too late".
Reply 19
Song: Polarize
Misheard: All our feelings tonight, tonight, tonight oh
Actual: all I feel is deny deny denial

same song
Misheard: help me pull her eyes, help me pull her eyes, help me down
Actual: help me polarize help me polarize help me down

Quick Reply

Latest