The Student Room Group

What to drop?

Hi,
I am in year 12 and I am currently studying french, maths, biology and chemistry. However I am finding that keeping up with four A levels is more tricky than I originally thought, although i could probably do it. Recently my teachers have been putting a lot of pressure on me to drop one, I will definitely be carrying on with biology and chemistry regardless, what do you think?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by josephinekitten
Hi,
I am in year 12 and I am currently studying french, maths, biology and chemistry. However I am finding that keeping up with four A levels is more tricky than I originally thought, although i could probably do it. Recently my teachers have been putting a lot of pressure on me to drop one, I will definitely be carrying on with biology and chemistry regardless, what do you think?
Thanks

Sounds like you would have more use for Maths than French based on the two subjects you're keeping. Plus Maths will probably be a lot less work than French unless you find Maths difficult or you are a native French speaker to begin with.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you want to do career-wise or at uni?

FWIW maths would give you more options than French.
The bass
Original post by Duncan2012
What do you want to do career-wise or at uni?

FWIW maths would give you more options than French.

I want to do palaeontology at university
Original post by josephinekitten
I want to do palaeontology at university

Maths would be more useful
Reply 6
I'm currently doing Maths, Biology and Chemistry as my A2s (I dropped physics from AS) and I find that doing maths together with chemistry does help a lot because a lot of the chemistry is logical like maths is. Also, maths is pretty easy to get a good grade in and more universities want it since it counts as a science.

Quick Reply

Latest