The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Yet More Cuts To Bus Services from 27th March 2016.

:frown: The Hertfordshire County Council ( HCC) 2016 financial year will be soon upon us and as mentioned before, because of HCC`s drive to cut £1.5-1.7 million from supported bus services ( those routes which the bus companies would not run stand-alone being deemed not profitable enough) over two years, there will be many cuts/alterations to evening and Sunday bus services that will be of considerable effect to students:

For those of you that use the UNO services, routes 600, 601, 603, 607, 610/11, 614/644, 615, 622, 636, 650, 653, 655, 657, & 797 are all having cuts or route amendments to either supported ones they run under contract to HCC or their own commercial services ( 610, 614/44, 622, 635, 636, 657, 797)

For example:

The 601 currently HCC supported, will become fully commercially operated with no evening service:

The very useful 607 ( HCC) is having the later evening service cut from around 19.30 with no Sunday service at all, so with it goes the last remaining regular UNO evening service until after 11pm that students had back to camp:

The 610/11 (commercial) will be extended on to Luton to cover for the 636 (commercial) which will be withdrawn, and will also be re-routed to cover Cockfosters Underground Station:

The 615 ( HCC) will now only operate Mon- Fri peak hours with no Saturday service:

The 614/644 ( commercial) are having a revised timetable with the 644 curtailed at Queensbury Underground Station:

The 635 is to be re-introduced commercially from Hitchin & Stevenage to Hatfield (The Forum) as it did previously, but will be extended on to Watford to cover for the 622 ( commercial) which is being withdrawn:

The 650 ( HCC) Peak hrs. Hatfield station - Business Park shuttle which since last September has been extended to include de Hav is to be cut completely:

The 653 currently HCC is to become fully commercial and will have the Saturday frequency reduced to half hourly:

The 797 ( commercial) will be reduced from Hatfield to London & return, two return journeys only peak hours and will no longer serve South Hatfield. The re-introduced 635 (above) will cover journeys to Hitchin and return.

I will post more definitive details on my sticky thread above as soon as they become available. The timetables should soon be posted both on the HCC website www.intalink.org.uk/ and UNO one www.unobus.info

There are other service routes/cuts but I have highlighted those of principal interest to students.

Comments welcome.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wat about bus 602 from Hatfield stn?
My campus is in College lane. Are there any route cuts or bus frequency cuts?

Original post by UnclePete
:frown: The Hertfordshire County Council ( HCC) 2016 financial year will be soon upon us and as mentioned before, because of HCC`s drive to cut £1.5-1.7 million from supported bus services ( those routes which the bus companies would not run stand-alone being deemed not profitable enough) over two years, there will be many cuts/alterations to evening and Sunday bus services that will be of considerable effect to students:

For those of you that use the UNO services, routes 600, 601, 603, 607, 610/11, 614/644, 615, 622, 636, 650, 653, 655, 657, & 797 are all having cuts or route amendments to either supported ones they run under contract to HCC or their own commercial services ( 610, 614/44, 622, 635, 636, 657, 797)

For example:

The 601 currently HCC supported, will become fully commercially operated with no evening service:

The very useful 607 ( HCC) is having the later evening service cut from around 19.30 with no Sunday service at all, so with it goes the last remaining regular UNO evening service until after 11pm that students had back to camp:

The 610/11 (commercial) will be extended on to Luton to cover for the 636 (commercial) which will be withdrawn, and will also be re-routed to cover Cockfosters Underground Station:

The 615 ( HCC) will now only operate Mon- Fri peak hours with no Saturday service:

The 614/644 ( commercial) are having a revised timetable with the 644 curtailed at Queensbury Underground Station:

The 635 is to be re-introduced commercially from Hitchin & Stevenage to Hatfield (The Forum) as it did previously, but will be extended on to Watford to cover for the 622 ( commercial) which is being withdrawn:

The 650 ( HCC) Peak hrs. Hatfield station - Business Park shuttle which since last September has been extended to include de Hav is to be cut completely:

The 653 currently HCC is to become fully commercial and will have the Saturday frequency reduced to half hourly:

The 797 ( commercial) will be reduced from Hatfield to London & return, two return journeys only peak hours and will no longer serve South Hatfield. The re-introduced 635 (above) will cover journeys to Hitchin and return.

I will post more definitive details on my sticky thread above as soon as they become available. The timetables should soon be posted both on the HCC website www.intalink.org.uk/ and UNO one www.unobus.info

There are other service routes/cuts but I have highlighted those of principal interest to students.

Comments welcome.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Tamako2410
Wat about bus 602 from Hatfield stn?
My campus is in College lane. Are there any route cuts or bus frequency cuts?

:redface: Hello Tamako!

At present I`m not aware of any further cuts to the UNO 602, as there have already been drastic cuts last Sept. to the weekday evenings from a service frequency of every thirty minutes Mon-Sats term time, to two buses from the rail station to Watford & back via South Hatfield & the two campuses the whole evening and only one on Sunday evenings.

The new schedules should be out soon both on the UNO site www.unobus.info and the County Council one www.intalink.org.uk/

I will update the main sticky thread above when I get definitive info.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending