The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2016 Hull Applicants

Hey this is a forum for people who have applied for Hull university where you can talk about what your going to study and where you come from, also other various discussions about Hull university, e.g. what accommodation people will be applying for and society's you would like to join etc.

I've got an offer to study zoology which i'm happy with so anyone applying for zoology message me! i will be coming up from London!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I will be studying biology there so I'm guessing we will cross paths. I'm coming up from the Midlands.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ltx
Hello! I will be studying biology there so I'm guessing we will cross paths. I'm coming up from the Midlands.

Awesome, we probably would since it will be the same department. Have you applied for accommodation yet or have any ideas which one you would like to stay in?
Reply 3
I'll be living in Scarborough and driving down every day. I'd love to live in halls again but I am 26 and have two children so I don't think it would be that appropriate anymore :wink:
i'm a local from Hull, and although im not studying at hull uni, all my friends are and i know quite a lot about the area and what not if anyone has any questions :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ltx
I'll be living in Scarborough and driving down every day. I'd love to live in halls again but I am 26 and have two children so I don't think it would be that appropriate anymore :wink:

oh right aha and yeah haha, it probably wouldn't be
Reply 6
Original post by Justmoll28
i'm a local from Hull, and although im not studying at hull uni, all my friends are and i know quite a lot about the area and what not if anyone has any questions :smile:

Hey, do you have any recommendations on cheap places to eat out and where good night life vibes are such as clubs etc?
Original post by Maxvo2
Hey, do you have any recommendations on cheap places to eat out and where good night life vibes are such as clubs etc?

well theres pounded which is on a wednesdays and thats around gay town which is always a great laugh and then theres Sugar Mill which is the main one that students tend to go to on weekends and then theres various bars all over the city depending on what music youre into etc

then for food out, theres not that many places in the town centre apart from a couple of nandos, handmade burger co, mcdonalds haha but down streets such as Princes Avenue and Newland Avenue (right next to uni campus) theres lots of bars at do nice food and drinks too, id recommend a place called Tofts down Newland and also Lounge, Da Giannis, Pave..basically the whole street is good for a bar crawl haha :smile:

feel free to pm me if you want more info:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Justmoll28
well theres pounded which is on a wednesdays and thats around gay town which is always a great laugh and then theres Sugar Mill which is the main one that students tend to go to on weekends and then theres various bars all over the city depending on what music youre into etc

then for food out, theres not that many places in the town centre apart from a couple of nandos, handmade burger co, mcdonalds haha but down streets such as Princes Avenue and Newland Avenue (right next to uni campus) theres lots of bars at do nice food and drinks too, id recommend a place called Tofts down Newland and also Lounge, Da Giannis, Pave..basically the whole street is good for a bar crawl haha :smile:

feel free to pm me if you want more info:smile:

Sounds like there is quite a lot of bars etc, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Original post by Maxvo2
Sounds like there is quite a lot of bars etc, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

welcome:smile:
Reply 10
Hi guys I'm studying English in September, coming from Essex! Has anyone decided what halls they're staying in? On the website it says about the new on campus accommodation that looks nice I think:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by C_Pat97
Hi guys I'm studying English in September, coming from Essex! Has anyone decided what halls they're staying in? On the website it says about the new on campus accommodation that looks nice I think:smile:

Hey, yeah the new accommodation does look nice, however it is a bit pricey and because its new there could be faults or building work still going on which would be a burden if your trying to study aha. I'm interested in going into the lawns accommodation but i'm not sure which one, the Nicholson Hall is cheaper but there is no pictures of it which is a shame.
Reply 12
I'm applying to do criminology and psychology, I'm sort of leaning towards the new Accomodation i think, it's a lot more convenient and lot nicer than the Accomodation off campus!
Hi, I will be coming to Hull from Sunderland in September. I will be studying Education, Social Inclusion and Special Needs but would love to get in touch with anyone doing education. I am going to apply for Thwaite as I had a look around and loved the building and grounds. The new accomodation would probably be my second choice. I will be 23 when I start, hope it wont make that much of a difference. I am interested in the societies for film, yoga and music or books. I cant wait to start
Original post by Ltx

I'm going to be Studying Mental Health Nursing and also coming up from the Midlands :smile:
Firmly accepted my offer to study Chemistry (MChem) a few days ago. Anyone else wanting to stay in the new accommodation? As Kt_1998 said, it does look a whole lot more convenient.
Original post by Nikolauus
Firmly accepted my offer to study Chemistry (MChem) a few days ago. Anyone else wanting to stay in the new accommodation? As Kt_1998 said, it does look a whole lot more convenient.

I'm looking at the new accommodation, due to the long contracts and the possibility of getting a parking permit off the council/uni for my car (hope to be driving by then anyway, will make getting to/from my course placements easier!)
i'll be studying zoology also and I'm from Norfolk :smile:
Original post by cheesymeat
Hi, I will be coming to Hull from Sunderland in September. I will be studying Education, Social Inclusion and Special Needs but would love to get in touch with anyone doing education. I am going to apply for Thwaite as I had a look around and loved the building and grounds. The new accomodation would probably be my second choice. I will be 23 when I start, hope it wont make that much of a difference. I am interested in the societies for film, yoga and music or books. I cant wait to start

Not studying Education but I'm going to be studying Teaching so maybe our paths will cross at some point! I'm also thinking of joining the film society if I like it so maybe I'll see you there :smile:
Hey everyone, I am coming to Hull this September from Sheffield :smile:
I am studying Bsc Biochemistry (3 Years)
I am sure I will cross paths with those doing anything Biology or Chemistry Related :h:

Quick Reply

Latest