The Student Room Group

place at Notre Dame sixth form

I recently got a place at Notre Dame sixth form college and I'm really happy because it's a really good college but I also got a place at my school's sixth form which is also really good. I don't want to leave school but I feel like I'm going to regret it later on if I decide not to go. I'm so confused. My school sixth form is really good too we get really good results every year but I was told Notre dame would give me more exposure because more people know that than my school's sixth form
What should I do? At the moment I'm leaving my options open and I really don't want to go but what if I regret it?
I go to this college, and I would recommend it : You're treated much more like an adult, the people are great, equally the teachers and the religious lessons really help if you're under stress, it's much better if you want to grow up quick as it's next to the Leeds Uni, but either way just go with what feels right and where you think you'll fit in better
Hi, i was in the exact same position when i decided to come to notre. Id say you have to pick where you will be most comfortable learning for 2 years. Notre very much does not spoon feed you as i know my old highschool did. It suits people who have a good work ethic already, as most teachers here will not expect to have to push a student to do the work. That said, i would say notre has a lot more opportunities. In my first year, during lunch times, i became trained in sighted guidance, trained in first aid and entered the cambridge and ukmt competitions just during my frees. I also got onto a few different programs that give me a reduced offer, all of which very much pays off when you're in your second year like i am now
Reply 3
Congrats on your place i've been given a place at Notre too. At the tour the college looked much more interesting than my current high school and i can't wait to start in September.
Reply 4
What's the science department like at Notre Dame?
Reply 5
How's everyone finding notre :smile:.
*from U6 student x

Quick Reply

Latest