The Student Room Group

Tesco; Help with Screening Test Answers 2016

Hello,

Despite having years of experience in retail, I have been trying to apply for jobs at Tesco but I am failing the screening test everytime. Now, before any of you say, "if you fail you don't deserve the job"-hear me out. Some of the questions are no brainers but others are debatable and it really depends on the situation which determines the outcome of the answers.

If anyone is extremely bored or has answered them correctly(or has them saved on their Tesco account), I would be greatly appreciated if you could shoot me in the right direction. I really do apologise if I sound lazy, I am certainly not and I have tried quite a few times to get them correct. I have even got my sister(a supervisor at a retail store) and brother(cashier at a retail store) to answer them and also failed it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prophet55
Hello,

Despite having years of experience in retail, I have been trying to apply for jobs at Tesco but I am failing the screening test everytime. Now, before any of you say, "if you fail you don't deserve the job"-hear me out. Some of the questions are no brainers but others are debatable and it really depends on the situation which determines the outcome of the answers.

If anyone is extremely bored or has answered them correctly(or has them saved on their Tesco account), I would be greatly appreciated if you could shoot me in the right direction. I really do apologise if I sound lazy, I am certainly not and I have tried quite a few times to get them correct. I have even got my sister(a supervisor at a retail store) and brother(cashier at a retail store) to answer them and also failed it.

I applied for Tesco and found the answers here: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130102064609AA0lSPJ

But I replaced the leave your checkout to help customer one to asking a staff since my friend worked there and he said he wasn't allowed to leave the till to help someone.

My applications are like 3-4 days old and haven't got the failure email so seems like they were right.
Reply 2
Hello again,

I've tried to use that advice on the Yahoo page before but I still seem to get automatic rejection. It's weird because most of the questions can be argued differently. Also, different stores have different policies about certain things so it isn't always possible to shoot out the same answer you would expect.

https://i.gyazo.com/63231f4ba555ec68a3285799e6f62fe5.png
hello

I passed it and I think what they want is for you not to call the manager for every little problem, but they would expect you to tell on another colleague if they're not doing their job properly... oh and to go the extra mile to help the customers!

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hellojeano
hello

I passed it and I think what they want is for you not to call the manager for every little problem, but they would expect you to tell on another colleague if they're not doing their job properly... oh and to go the extra mile to help the customers!

Hope this helps :smile:

Hey :smile:

Thanks for replying and congratulations for passing it :biggrin:
If possible and only whether you want to, could you possibly tell me what answers you put down for question;

7- You have been serving at the checkout during your shift. It has been a quiet morning and the store has not had many customers. There are no customers waiting to be served at your checkout. A customer on the checkout next to you is struggling to pack their shopping.(Leaving your checkout is normally a no-go but I'm sure if they're next to you, it wouldn't be too bad. Also I would just log out of my till for security reasons)

12- You are cleaning up spilt yoghurt which, if left, could be dangerous for customers. A customer asks you to help them to take their shopping to the checkout.
(This one seems a little more trickier if you consider how important health and safety is in work.)

14- You have a long queue of customers waiting to be served at the checkout. While you are scanning a customer’s shopping one of the products does not scan properly. You need help to find out the product’s price but your colleagues are serving other customers.
(Sending them to a different checkout if they want to get served quicker is more efficient and MAY keep the customer happy but also just apologizing to them shows that you care so I'm not sure for this one. I was always told not to send them away)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by babatoondai
I applied for Tesco and found the answers here: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130102064609AA0lSPJ

But I replaced the leave your checkout to help customer one to asking a staff since my friend worked there and he said he wasn't allowed to leave the till to help someone.

My applications are like 3-4 days old and haven't got the failure email so seems like they were right.

I done the yahoo answers changed it aswell got the rejection message , the thing is the first time I done it I passed it , but I didn't hear back from them , no rejection email either, deadline has expired but still says application is in progress , and I changed my answers the second time I done it to see if I could've got better and failed and now it just seems impossible to pass I tried everything just can't pass it nowb

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was successful with the following answers:
(The first five question were personal details thus i started from 6 to avoid confusion) A=1st choice B= 2nd choice C=3rd choice
- Question 6 B
- Question 7 B
- Question 8 C
- Question 9 A
- Question 10 C
- Question 11 A
- Question 12 A
- Question 13 B
- Question 14 A
- Question 15 B
- Question 16 B
- Question 17 C
- Question 18 B
- Question 19 A
- Question 20 A
- Question 21 A
- Question 22 A

best of luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Manlikebob
I was successful with the following answers:
(The first five question were personal details thus i started from 6 to avoid confusion) A=1st choice B= 2nd choice C=3rd choice
- Question 6 B
- Question 7 B
- Question 8 C
- Question 9 A
- Question 10 C
- Question 11 A
- Question 12 A
- Question 13 B
- Question 14 A
- Question 15 B
- Question 16 B
- Question 17 C
- Question 18 B
- Question 19 A
- Question 20 A
- Question 21 A
- Question 22 A

best of luck!

Hey, thank you a lot for replying however I actually finally managed to get them correct myself. ;D I've been to two interviews from two different Tesco stores since I have applied, including one today. Both went quite well.

Here's my screenshot of the answers just incase someone wants mine aswell.

https://i.gyazo.com/42d0e8c2d98c59db7a50f887f45db76e.png
Reply 8
Hey, thank you a lot for replying however I actually finally managed to get them correct myself. ;D I've been to two interviews from two different Tesco stores since I have applied, including one today. Both went quite well.

Here's my screenshot of the answers just incase someone wants mine aswell.

https://i.gyazo.com/42d0e8c2d98c59db7a50f887f45db76e.png

God bless Prophet55 and Manlikebob! It worked
Reply 9
Original post by lilses
God bless Prophet55 and Manlikebob! It worked

Ahaha you're welcome! I'm now working for Tesco. ;D
Reply 10
Ahaha you're welcome! I'm now working for Tesco. ;D

Hope I end up working there too but I've applied at Sainburys also and they have the same kind of questionnaire lol. Searching all over for answers
Hi,

Well done on your job! I have just used your answers but still did not get through! Do you know if it could be because of anything else on the application form? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 12
I still got the failed after all this advise... the questionair has some different questions and no matter what way i answer its still failed. Really bugs me too
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm seriously hacked off, I can't get it right, I put in the answers from the screenshot and yet I still get hit with "unsuccessful"
Reply 14
There are 2 new questions that has been added on and I would like for someone to help me out? As my other answers that I have selected before made me pass the screening for interviews

Question 3: What are your expectations of a typical day in the life of a Customer Assistant at Tesco?
1. Focusing of completing tasks to a high standard and making sure that the store is always tidy and ready for customers so that they are able to easily find what they are looking for.
2. Spending most of my time providing customers with excellent service to ensure they always leave the store satisfied and focusing on restocking, tidying and general store standards when no customers require assistance.
3. Spending most of my time with customers and helping themto select their desired products so that they always leave the store satisfied

Question 9: In your opinion, what is the most importantquality you should have to work at Tesco?
1. A passion for providing excellent customer service
2. A positive outlook and can do attitude
3. A willingness to fit and follow procedure

I was offered a job with Tesco but i sprained my ankle 4weeks ago and lost the contract for the role because of it. It's a shame really
(edited 7 years ago)
Question 3 is number 2 and Question 9 is number 1. Filled in application today and got through

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Thanks for the 2 answers above I forgot to add also question 13 which is

Question 13:
What type of job do you think you would most enjoy?

1. One that had busy periods, but also has quieter moments to allow a breather
2. One where challenges remain manageable and at a pretty consistent level throughout the day
3. One where each day is different, and I am frequently helping a variety of customers

Once again thanks for your help for answering the new questions.
Question 13: answer 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozzielizzie
Question 13: answer 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you be able to reapply for the same position if you've been unsuccesfull due to the questionaire?
Reply 19
just put all those answers into my application form, plus the other new question answers that I found on here, still unsuccessful