The Student Room Group
Reply 1
EmJ
Who is taking this paper, in particular English Language and Literature? How are you tackling the revision? I have to do well on the paper and I feel really scared... :frown:
Please post! :smile:

Good Luck Sugar!
Reply 2
DazzYaa004
Good Luck Sugar!

Thanks, Daz - I'll need it! :tongue:
Reply 3
EmJ
Thanks, Daz - I'll need it! :tongue:

annihilate the exam sweet! i
Reply 4
Is anybody doing this paper?! :frown: I'm doing WJEC. By the looks of the posts, it seems that some people have already done the synoptic paper. How did it go? Any advice? :smile:
Reply 5
EmJ
Is anybody doing this paper?! :frown: I'm doing WJEC. By the looks of the posts, it seems that some people have already done the synoptic paper. How did it go? Any advice? :smile:

I did the AQA-A synoptic last week... but it's probably quite different to yours - what's yours on?
Reply 6
Thank god there is someone else doing WJEC!! Every1 else is either doing AQA or OCR!
I'm about to start my revision now for it. We are doing Dr. Daustus by Christopher Marlowe and then comparing it to an unseen passage.
Confident - ish about Faustus but not so with the unseen!
Reply 7
Anyone doing Genre Studies on edexcel?!
Reply 8
i am doing english literature and language how are you revising for it? have you got any good exam techniques for tackling the paper?
Reply 9
shelly-anne
i am doing english literature and language how are you revising for it? have you got any good exam techniques for tackling the paper?

are you talking to me? if so ive got this book thats really good, its helping me improve my grade!
im doin the aqa b english on monday- about language change and acquistion. absolutely dreadin it like you wouldnt believe, had shit teachers this year,dont know enough about acquistion and need a b to get in to the uni i realy really really really really really want to go to.
any one share some wisdom PLEASE???!!!!
Reply 11
Hi,
I'm also taking Lang and Lit AQA-A. Any ideas on the the ''why you chose these frameworks'' (part b) bit?

M x :tongue:
My advice (and is how i went from C's to A's in homework assignments) is to go beyond the scope of the syllabus- find books and internet info on the subject at large, so for the last poster just find all info that you can on "frameworks"

hope this helps
Reply 13
I'm also on WJEC.. English Lit (Duchess of Malfi)

I haven't prepared at all! :frown: .. I've had to concentrate on my other subjects.. I only need a low mark to get my grade so hopefully the unseen text won't be poetry, otherwise I'm screwed. WJEC are a good exam board though. Good luck!
Reply 14
(WJEC English Lit Dr.Faustus) The paper was a bit dodgy! The 1st q, there was only so much you could write and though the unseen had a lot of similarities and differences, there wasn't much to anaylse :confused:
Reply 15
Misbah Imtiaz
(WJEC English Lit Dr.Faustus) The paper was a bit dodgy! The 1st q, there was only so much you could write and though the unseen had a lot of similarities and differences, there wasn't much to anaylse :confused:

Hey, really think that the paper could have been a lot worse... the 1st 2 questions were easy compared to last years 'master-servant' one - I mean there is so much to write about religion & the renaissance in Faustus! The unseen piece I thought too that there wasn't that much to anaylse, but again I'm happier we got that than a piece of hardcore poetry which was possible.
Reply 16
U see, that's where I'm different..I'm much better at analysing poetry than prose! U can only write so much for the 1st q though..religion, renaissance, reformation, morality plays, hell.....
Plus, we did last yrs paper as a mock (master and servant) and I aced it..I thought that was quite easy

Latest

Trending

Trending