The Student Room Group

Any dedicated entrepreneurs?

I'm at the point where I cant stand working for people.. I've been playing with an idea for a few years now but have never really committed to it through fear of failure but I'm starting to seriously consider it as an option. Are there any members on here who are currently self-employed or see self-employment as the only way to go (personally) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I work full time after completing an apprenticeship in Business and Administration, I also have my own web design business which is mainly to bring in extra money. Similarly, I have a business idea, and I keep thinking about it. However, I am only 18, I suffer from neiveness and a general lack of how the world works. This is why I choose to go and study business so when I leave I am better equipped.
Original post by Superhotfire
I'm at the point where I cant stand working for people.. I've been playing with an idea for a few years now but have never really committed to it through fear of failure but I'm starting to seriously consider it as an option. Are there any members on here who are currently self-employed or see self-employment as the only way to go (personally) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, for a long time, wanted to start my own business. So last year at Uni I did a small (10 credit) course about essentially being your own boss.

I now don't want to open up a business. Just too much work and honestly the chances of succeeding aren't that high. Even if your business ends up being a success, the process will get you in a lot of debt.

If you are dedicated, willing to invest a lot of money, then I'd say go for it. But until then do a course like I did, it will definitely give you a reality check.
Reply 3
Original post by Optimum_
I have, for a long time, wanted to start my own business. So last year at Uni I did a small (10 credit) course about essentially being your own boss.

I now don't want to open up a business. Just too much work and honestly the chances of succeeding aren't that high. Even if your business ends up being a success, the process will get you in a lot of debt.

If you are dedicated, willing to invest a lot of money, then I'd say go for it. But until then do a course like I did, it will definitely give you a reality check.

Hi I am a final year psychology student and would really appreciate it if you could do my survey as I really need Business students.
http://bit.ly/1nXBAHm
Thank you so much
Original post by NickTheCyp
I work full time after completing an apprenticeship in Business and Administration, I also have my own web design business which is mainly to bring in extra money. Similarly, I have a business idea, and I keep thinking about it. However, I am only 18, I suffer from neiveness and a general lack of how the world works. This is why I choose to go and study business so when I leave I am better equipped.

Hi Nick I'm currently looking for a web designer, do you have any links to your work? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending