The Student Room Group

PGCE Oxford University 16/17

Anyone have an offer to study a PGCE at Oxford? What colleges have you chosen? Struggling to narrow it down to 2!!
Reply 1
Oxford here too :banana::banana:

I've sent my application in for Keble as first choice and St Hugh's as second but I haven't heard back just yet. I went off advice of my friend who is studying a masters at one of the colleges which doesn't accept PGCE students. But also spent hours looking at all of their MCR websites to originally narrow it down!

Which have caught your eye?
Reply 2
Original post by kiki8
Oxford here too :banana::banana:

I've sent my application in for Keble as first choice and St Hugh's as second but I haven't heard back just yet. I went off advice of my friend who is studying a masters at one of the colleges which doesn't accept PGCE students. But also spent hours looking at all of their MCR websites to originally narrow it down!

Which have caught your eye?

Hey! Which subject? I'm for Biology. Took me several days of narrowing it down but I've gone for Lincoln and Lady Margaret Hall in the end. St Hugh's was a contender for me!
Reply 3
Original post by lamiya
Hey! Which subject? I'm for Biology. Took me several days of narrowing it down but I've gone for Lincoln and Lady Margaret Hall in the end. St Hugh's was a contender for me!

Geographer here! Coincidentally, just a couple of hours after I sent my first message on this thread I received a letter of acceptance from Keble - yay. Financial declaration forms here I come, another round of paperwork!

Will you be applying to live in college or privately?
Reply 4
Original post by kiki8
Geographer here! Coincidentally, just a couple of hours after I sent my first message on this thread I received a letter of acceptance from Keble - yay. Financial declaration forms here I come, another round of paperwork!

Will you be applying to live in college or privately?

Congratulations! I'm yet to hear back still! Really hoping for college accommodation, How about you??
Reply 5
Hi! PGCE Oxford too :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I'm going to Worcester College, I just applied for accommodation - it's so expensive!
Reply 6
Reply 7
I'm going private accommodation because my boyfriend is hoping to move over with me and we currently live together - just hoping I can still enjoy college life too!
Reply 8

PGCE English @ Christ Church
I've joined :-)
Original post by Zaibaa
Hi! PGCE Oxford too :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I'm going to Worcester College, I just applied for accommodation - it's so expensive!

accommodation is expensive but remember you only pay for the weeks you are there. You pay nothing in the holidays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending